Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Let's see some pictures of that swap/upgrade!

You and me both about the AlfaOBD. That can get confusing and can get you into trouble... quick. I know, from personal experience!
And agree, Alfa is quite confusing as there is really no lists for the Renegade but my dealers shop manager uses It so he has been a help. I changed my country from UK to US and it disabled my transmission lol.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'm just simply trying to stop my parking brake from automatically engaging when I place the vehicle in "P". It's driving me insane!!! One wrong move in Alfa attempting to do that and my vehicle was D.O.A. for a day waiting for the ECU battery to drain so I could attempt to fix my mess up.

Sounds like you have a pretty damn good relationship with that dealer of your. That's great then.
It is in your radio settings under brakes

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Swapped out my Headunit to aftermarket and currently in conversation with their engineers as to why that option isn't present in their new radio settings menu. To be honest, that option was never in the OEM radio settings either. This just started to 'engage' after swapping out the headunit.

I tried to disable it all together from within Alfa itself but, that's when I ran into the issue which required me to pull the negative battery cable and let it sit overnight. I'm not too keen to go back into Alfa again at this point - I'd rather be annoyed at hitting the parking brake button every time I stop then fry my ECU and need a new one. lol
Yeah, can't blame you there. I've always had that enabled though lol, saves on the transmission when parking on hilly areas which is abundant up where I am.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts