Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is Fred and I work for 4WD Hardware in Ohio, USA. I will be following this forum and using it as a tool to push for aftermarket parts development for the new Renegade. Although it's not part of my job description, in my position I do speak to manufacturer representatives quite often.

I firmly believe this vehicle is imbued with the spirit of the rest of the Jeep range of vehicles. It's going to be a game changer in the market segment it best fits, the small, economical, lightweight SUV. Think about it this way, leave off the SUV and notice how the other three adjectives fit the CJ-2A though CJ-7 Jeeps. Is it an open tub body design? no.... Does it have solid axles and leaf springs? no..... Do the lack of those things make it bad? NO!!

In case you can't tell, I'm excited about this new "little Jeep" !

MHF

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
My name is Fred and I work for 4WD Hardware in Ohio, USA. I will be following this forum and using it as a tool to push for aftermarket parts development for the new Renegade.
Hi Fred, welcome, glad you could join us. We are really glad to have the Aftermarket companies join us, we have been preparing a special thread just for you:

http://www.jeeprenegadeforum.com/fo...n/3690-aftermarket-accessories-wish-list.html

Also, here are some photoshop concepts to give you inspiration:

http://www.jeeprenegadeforum.com/fo.../2961-renegade-may-lift-able-2.html#post63714

·
Registered
953 Posts
Yea there are plenty of accessories and concepts that are already out there, and I would assume there would be more. The Renegade seems like it is ripe for customization.

What kind of accessories are you looking for specifically?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
These are exactly the kinds of aftermarket parts that can propel the Renegade sales and as we all should know by now, the more of them there are on the road, the more likely there will be aftermarket support.

I think the basic elements of a lift kit would have to be longer and/or adjustable struts. Since the Renegade has unibody construction like the XJ Cherokee with cradles that bolt the drivetrain into the vehicle, spacers to go with the longer struts to give additional tire and ground clearance.

The next part of the inevitable domino effect would be overcoming tire to body clearance issues, followed by gearing to compensate for the larger diameter tires.

Bumpers might be a bit of a challenge but the renderings I've seen here look great and a good design offering winch, light and stinger mounting points in the front and spare tire and trailer hitch mounts in the rear would really shave off some of the "mom mobile" look.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.