Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking for a Renegade for weeks, and I've finally found one. Here's my story:

I started out at my local dealership about three weeks ago, test drove both a Trailhawk 9-speed and Latitude 6-speed. I liked both of them, but ultimately decided that I wanted a TH. I asked my dealer to locate one with MySKY which he tried to do, but was unable to find a dealership willing to trade.

So I did a vehicle search on Jeep.com for a vehicle with the options I wanted. It found a few within 200 miles of my home so I started calling. Every dealership had the same story... "We just sold that vehicle".

So I waited, and contemplated ordering a 2016 and waiting.

On a whim, I drove over to my local dealer during my lunch break one day, and they had THE ONE on their lot. I took it out for a test drive and loved it. Went in and was ready to pay a deposit when my salesman says "It's been sold". Apparently it had been spoken for already.

So I asked the salesman to do a locate and a dealer trade for me. He found one but said the other dealership's trade manager was away on vacation, and he'd take care of it when he gets back on Wednesday, but they put a sold sign on it and the vehicle is mine. So I call on Thursday and ask when I can pick it up. He tells me the other dealership sold it. Another dead end.

So I've been watching dealer inventory on Jeep.com and checking the websites of local dealerships for a few weeks. One dealer's website showed a vehicle "In Transit" for a couple of weeks, and every time I called them they say "It's not in yet" So on a whim, I decide to take a drive (50 miles) to see for myself. I arrive around 9:00am when they opened and on their back lot, I see this.

Turns out, the vehicle had just been dropped off. The car carrier was still sitting there. My dumb luck put me there the moment it arrived. I ran inside and made the purchase. While signing the paperwork, another call came in to my salesman, a person wanting that exact vehicle. I was just in time.

So that was Friday. I've had the whole weekend driving her, and I couldn't be happier. What a ride!!!!

What's more, my salesman says to me. "Jeep gave each of us a Renegade hat. I've kept it in my drawer for the first customer who I sold a Renegade to, that's you."

This feels like it was really meant to be.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Nice! Glad you got your car. I purchased the first Trailhawk that arrived at my local dealer (it was optioned just the way I wanted), but I didn't get a hat.

·
Registered
44 Posts
HEYYY!!!!
I'M IN PHILLY TOO WITH AN ORANGE RENEGADE!!!!
Would that trailhawk happen to be the one that was in transit to Chapman on Easton? I was considering waiting for that one until I decided I liked the 6-speed better and they already had it on the lot :D

But welcome and maybe we'll see each other around! :ReneBlueWave:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.