Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, all.

I'm really excited about the Renegade and am looking to make it my first new vehicle purchase, ever.

I currently own a stock ‘98 Wrangler 4cyl/5spd that is in pretty rough shape. Since purchasing it in 2012, it's been down for maintenance longer than it's been on the road. I still love it and have no plans on letting it go. I think that when I get my hands on the Renegade, the Wrangler will be side-lined for a bit longer, eventually undergoing some major surgery and modifications to become more of an off-road play toy than the daily driver I originally wanted it to be.

That being said, I'm very interested in seeing just how far the Renegade will be able to be modded to get some more serious off-road performance. I'm thinking along the lines of overlanding, moderate trails, light rock crawling–while still being able to be a solid daily driver/commuter.

I'm really hoping that the aftermarket manufacturers will jump in head-first and deliver some serious suspension components, bumpers, armor, and power train goodies for us much like many have done for Wranglers, FJ Cruisers, Tacomas, and others.

I'm also hoping that the Renegade platform will be suitable for the DIY mod crowd and that some pretty amazing builds will find their way into this forum.

I'm excited to be a part of this forum and, once they're available, I look forward to watching what folks do to their Renegades as I impatiently wait for my chance to get my hands on one.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
That being said, I'm very interested in seeing just how far the Renegade will be able to be modded to get some more serious off-road performance. I'm thinking along the lines of overlanding, moderate trails, light rock crawling–while still being able to be a solid daily driver/commuter.

I'm really hoping that the aftermarket manufacturers will jump in head-first and deliver some serious suspension components, bumpers, armor, and power train goodies for us much like many have done for Wranglers, FJ Cruisers, Tacomas, and others.
Hi badlittlemunky, welcome, great ideas, that lead me to think we need a thread on this, so here we go:

Aftermarket Accessories Wish List

1 - 8 of 8 Posts