Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up my new Jeep Renegade Trailhawk from dealership outside Baton Rouge Louisiana and drove it back to Texas yesterday. It was a $900 fee to put it on a flatbed truck and ship it in to TX, or a $48 Southwest Airlines ticket.

So happy to have it here finally. Picked it up from the dealership with 7 miles and at the end of my trip I clocked in at 462 miles. No problems at all during the ride home, except for some minor wind noise from the driver side window at speeds over 70mph.

Very happy to have it home safe and sound. A lot of fun to drive!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Just picked up my new Jeep Renegade Trailhawk from dealership outside Baton Rouge Louisiana and drove it back to Texas yesterday. It was a $900 fee to put it on a flatbed truck and ship it in to TX, or a $48 Southwest Airlines ticket.

So happy to have it here finally. Picked it up from the dealership with 7 miles and at the end of my trip I clocked in at 462 miles. No problems at all during the ride home, except for some minor wind noise from the driver side window at speeds over 70mph.

Very happy to have it home safe and sound. A lot of fun to drive!
Welcome!

Don't forget to pin your location!
Map your location

And what model you bought!
Which model did you buy?

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Good call on making the fly out and to drive it back which made for a great opportunity to go through the break in process.

Did you make sure to inspect it and see that everything is how it should be without any surprises?

·
Registered
356 Posts
Just seeing this thread now.

I had a similar conversation with my dealer; they had to search for the Jeep I wanted, and I was told the delivery could be quite expensive (up to $1200). An alternative would be to have an employee travel and drive it back. I balked at this (I did NOT want someone else putting the first few hundred km on my new vehicle!) and said if it came to that, I'd travel and drive it back myself.

In the end, they got it delivered by truck for $300, which I paid--there is nothing like SouthWest Air here, any air travel would likely cost close to $300 anyway. In truth, I'm surprised they got the delivery down so cheap--but I'd made it clear with the dealer that cost was important to me, so maybe they gave me their cost on it, I dunno.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.