Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy from Dallas, TX!

Currently, since I live in the urban jungle, need some better mpgs, and do some outdoor sports whenever I can, I'm in a Nissan Juke SL AWD. It's a really unique, fun and quick car but becomes more limited when leaving the pavement. The AWD system is more for handling (torque vectoring) and on-road adverse weather. I also was really bummed that to get the AWD you had to go with the CVT. Although for what it's worth I think Nissan did a great job overall with the powertrain.

I try to stay informed about the current and upcoming offerings in the automotive industry and I've wanted to switch back to American made vehicles (although I know the Renegade will be breaking Jeep's mold) but have been concerned about American quality for 10-15 years. Additionally, nothing domestic has able to meet my needs in the size, quality, price range/insurance cost, function, and form until now (I hope).

The Jeep Renegade is the first "domestic" I've been excited about in a long time (excluding the refreshed Ford Focus). I want the Renegade to be successful for Jeep even though I'm sure these will be showing up all over suburbia for the wrong reasons. I think they did the right thing handing the design over to some younger guys. I'm definitely interested in the Trailhawk version and hope that pricing is competitive maxing out at around 27k. I really want to test drive both power trains but going off the paper specs I'm leaning towards the smaller forced induction set up mated to the 6-speed.

Looking forward to sticking around here, contributing what I can, and hopefully pulling the trigger on one of these TH Renegades. Cheers!

-J

·
Registered
134 Posts
Welcome to the Renegade forums!

I don't want to bust your boat, but I believe the U.S.-bound Renegades will be made in Italy. So while it's a domestic marque, it's not a full-on domestic.

That said, I read an article on Autoblog last week that pointed out that there are few true domestic-made vehicles anymore, so the Renegade isn't much worse than its competition when it comes to domestic-parts content.

At least you know that many American workers were employed in its design and continuing engineering processes.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome to the Renegade forums!

I don't want to bust your boat, but I believe the U.S.-bound Renegades will be made in Italy. So while it's a domestic marque, it's not a full-on domestic.

That said, I read an article on Autoblog last week that pointed out that there are few true domestic-made vehicles anymore, so the Renegade isn't much worse than its competition when it comes to domestic-parts content.

At least you know that many American workers were employed in its design and continuing engineering processes.
Thanks Dr. G. No boats busted here. I meant it wasn't a true domestic when I said this breaks jeeps mold in that aspect. Anyway, it is true that many Americans were employed with the design of this vehicle.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
It sucks that more and more american vehicles are made elsewhere, I think even the iconic Chevy Camaro is made in Canada, all of them.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Howdy from Dallas, TX!

Currently, since I live in the urban jungle, need some better mpgs, and do some outdoor sports whenever I can, I'm in a Nissan Juke SL AWD. It's a really unique, fun and quick car but becomes more limited when leaving the pavement. The AWD system is more for handling (torque vectoring) and on-road adverse weather. I also was really bummed that to get the AWD you had to go with the CVT. Although for what it's worth I think Nissan did a great job overall with the powertrain.

I try to stay informed about the current and upcoming offerings in the automotive industry and I've wanted to switch back to American made vehicles (although I know the Renegade will be breaking Jeep's mold) but have been concerned about American quality for 10-15 years. Additionally, nothing domestic has able to meet my needs in the size, quality, price range/insurance cost, function, and form until now (I hope).

The Jeep Renegade is the first "domestic" I've been excited about in a long time (excluding the refreshed Ford Focus). I want the Renegade to be successful for Jeep even though I'm sure these will be showing up all over suburbia for the wrong reasons. I think they did the right thing handing the design over to some younger guys. I'm definitely interested in the Trailhawk version and hope that pricing is competitive maxing out at around 27k. I really want to test drive both power trains but going off the paper specs I'm leaning towards the smaller forced induction set up mated to the 6-speed.

Looking forward to sticking around here, contributing what I can, and hopefully pulling the trigger on one of these TH Renegades. Cheers!

-J
Welcome fellow North Texan! Good to see more Renegade owners up here. :) Juke's are nice and my wife was interested in one but the local dealers' price gauging on base models and the premium fuel bit turned her off.

Semi-off topic: Avoid that Ford Focus like the plague unless you are getting a manual and or ST. The DCT transmission in the Fiesta and Focus is horrible--just visit the Focus Fanatics forum if you don't believe me. I bought a 2013 Focus SE with that trans and it was in the shop over a dozen times just for the trans and or software updates. It was my fourth and final Focus (05, 07, 03 SVT). After less than 18,000 miles and almost 2 dozen visits to the shop I traded it in for my '14 Charger.

·
Registered
8 Posts
new jeep renegade owner

love my new jeep renegade i needed a small suv for comuting back and forth and loading things in for travel this had it all and fun to drive. I am 55 and love it :ReneBlueWave:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts