Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I am awaiting the US release of the Renegade. I have been a long time jeep owner. I currently own a 1973 CJ5 and a 1989 Jeep Comanche. I have owned two Jeep Wranglers (YJ's) in the past.
2014 for us was a year full of vehicle repairs and headaches. For 2015 my wife and I have decided to purchase a new vehicle. We have a few requirements for this new vehicle:

1. Good gas mileage.
  2. Good looks.
  3. Must have 4x4 and decent ground clearance. We live on a 1 mile long dirt road and it would put a few offroad trails to shame.
  4. Must be a automatic transmission. (the wife's request)
  5. Reasonably priced. I work in public service and do not make a ton of money and my wife doesn't make much either. We are also planning on expanding the family soon, another reason for a reliable vehicle, and from what the pricing I have seen the Renegade would be within our budget.
I am still learning about the Renegade, as I am sure we all are at least here in the US, but the Renegade looks to fit the bill!

Well enough chatter I am off to explore. Thanks to those who have put together a top notch forum from what I can tell thus far. It will def help in my research before the purchase.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Hopefully you can find all the info that you are looking for on this forum, and I also hope that you ultimately go with the Renegade!

When do you think you'll make a decision and what other vehicles are you looking at?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the welcome.
We are in no rush to make a decision but I assume it would be within the next few months. We both do not require alot of extras so a base model is something we would be happy with.
We had originally looked at and liked the Nissan Juke. A friend of mine was a service manager at Nissan and he had no big complaints about the Juke but pointed out that the auto trans was a VT type. I was not thrilled about that for longevity. I really like the Toyota 4Runner, always have, but its priced way out of my price range. I also like the Mini Countrymen and Chervrolet Trax but again once in AWD they look like they will out price the Renegade base model. So the ways things are shaping up the Renegade sport model AWD is gong to be right at the correct price for us. I don't know how much extra an auto trans will be but it looks like somethings are happening on the Jeep website so maybe within a few days I will be able to build one and see. Do you have any other suggestions of models or makes to look at that would be similar to the Renegade? We really like the style and Jeep heritage they have incorporated into the design of the car.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.