Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy to be here! I'm currently awaiting delivery of a 2019 Glacier Metallic Trailhawk. It will be my daily driver as well as my access in the backcountry for photography, hiking, camping, backpacking, kayaking, etc. I plan to make only minor modifications/additions for the first two years or so of ownership - stock size all terrains (i.e. Toyo Open Country A/T III), Valkyrie skids and rear control arms, Brightline crossbars, roof rack. Anyway, I am glad to find this community and looking forward to at first absorbing, then hopefully positively contributing to, its content.

jefe

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Welcome!

Where in the PNW? I'm (kind of) from Bellevue, WA; and my wife is (kind of) from Lakewood, just south of Tacoma. We're retired in Colorado Springs now.

We've got a 2021 Trailhawk. I wasn't looking forward to the OEM Falken WildPeak H/T tires, which are really just good-quality highway touring tires -- and the whole reason we got the Trailhawk, was to do off-road trails here in the mountains.

So I ordered a set (5) of Falken WildPeak A/T Trail tires; had them delivered to the dealer; and did a deal for the dealer to take off the OEM tires for a small credit and mount the new tires. I've been very happy with them so far.

I've got a Valkyrie front skid plate in the garage, waiting for my first free dealer oil change so they can install it. Not so much for off-road protection, but more to have access to the oil filter and drain plug without removing the entire skid plate once I start doing my own oil changes.

We've got Thule crossbars, but only for our ski rack. The Trailhawk is pretty tight as far as cargo space, but with some planning we get everything in that we need for dispersed camping.

If you feel like seeing what we've been up to with our Trailhawk, check out the last several pages here:

New Trailhawk Is Finally Here | Page 7 | Jeep Renegade Forum

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome!

Where in the PNW? I'm (kind of) from Bellevue, WA; and my wife is (kind of) from Lakewood, just south of Tacoma. We're retired in Colorado Springs now.

We've got a 2021 Trailhawk. I wasn't looking forward to the OEM Falken WildPeak H/T tires, which are really just good-quality highway touring tires -- and the whole reason we got the Trailhawk, was to do off-road trails here in the mountains.

So I ordered a set (5) of Falken WildPeak A/T Trail tires; had them delivered to the dealer; and did a deal for the dealer to take off the OEM tires for a small credit and mount the new tires. I've been very happy with them so far.

I've got a Valkyrie front skid plate in the garage, waiting for my first free dealer oil change so they can install it. Not so much for off-road protection, but more to have access to the oil filter and drain plug without removing the entire skid plate once I start doing my own oil changes.

We've got Thule crossbars, but only for our ski rack. The Trailhawk is pretty tight as far as cargo space, but with some planning we get everything in that we need for dispersed camping.

If you feel like seeing what we've been up to with our Trailhawk, check out the last several pages here:

New Trailhawk Is Finally Here | Page 7 | Jeep Renegade Forum
Thanks, Marek. I’m in Spokane - moved out from Puget Sound (Kent) about almost 4 years ago. I prefer the west side, but our money could go farther out here, and it’s still a beautiful place to be. I’ll be sure to check out your post. Thanks for sharing!

·
Premium Member
2020 Renegade Sport 4WD, GOBI Roof Rack, TOYO Open Country AT
18 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I am currently in Granite Falls, but make it through Spokane a few times a year. This is a great resource for all things Renegade.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts