Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I recently purchased a used 2015 renegade 4x4 2.4l limited. And I love it! (First time jeep owner) I travel around 175 miles a day for work mixed city/highway. If I baby it I can get 30mpg combined.

My question is if I purchased a k&n air filter and some kind of mpg performance chip. Would these actually help my mpg.

Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
1,982 Posts
Welcome!

On a normally aspirated engine, changing just the airfilter and remapping it, you could improve mpg a bit if the guy developing the map knows the engine and the quality of the local fuel.
Standard engine maps are developed to deal with as wide a range of fuel as possible. (May not be the case for US destined cars?)

I had one FCA N/A engine remapped to remove a flatspot, up the 1st gear rev limiter and narrow the fuel to 98ron unleaded. Remap paid for itself over about 2 years with an average of an extra 5-6 MPG (Imperial) iirc. (It was a 2.2JTS based on a GM Holden block 180bhp standard with 187BHP after the map. No big gains, but nicer to drive.)

[All the above is from memory and was back in ~2007 so numbers from the depths of time.]

·
Super Moderator
4,522 Posts

and enjoy the forum!

in short yes with a K&N with a programmer not a chip an the most you can get with a light foot would be 2 to 6 MPG like Nev said.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts