I own and operated a off road mainly jeep shop
Just wanted to say hi
If I can figure out this site I will add some pictures
Not much of a tech guy more into building and creating things
Jeep on

·
Registered
184 Posts
Aren't you the same guy who just ripped our site to pieces on Renegade FB group??

Here is your quote:

I just joined that renagade forum
Not sure how much I will be on there way way way to many adds on it for me
I hate forums that advertise for anyone and everybody for money
Takes the Jeep community feeling right out of it for me
But I am there lol

And this:

Just not into people making money off trying to make it look like they are helping is all
Its a common thing with websites
May start out with good intentions then the all mighty $$ is flashed in their faces

This guy is a troll!

·
Premium Member
1,540 Posts
I saw his post on FB as well. He's definitely allowed his opinion.

But I still don't know where he's seeing a bunch of ads. The few I see are normal and would appear on any forum and anywhere on the internet unless you install adblock.
That's never been a problem at all for me here.

I just hope he doesn't write off the forum based on that. There's a ton of info here.

The FB group is fun for Renegade pics and stuff like that. But I notice a lot of the "technical" questions that are recently being asked in there are on topics that we have here with multiple threads and already been discussed and answered (and easy to search for on here). Just saying that the forum is very useful and easier to keep track of topics and discussions than in a FB group.

·
Registered
162 Posts
He may just be getting into the "interweb" for the first time or hasn't been active since his Compuserve account ran out in 1997.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Just not into people making money off trying to make it look like they are helping is all
Its a common thing with websites
May start out with good intentions then the all mighty $$ is flashed in their faces
Cool, where do I collect my $1 per post ? ;)

Reactions: Lackadazikal

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
I dunno what the $ to £ exchange rate is, but as long as I can get free cash I won't grumble. I don't do facebook, never have. I don't appeal to me.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hello and thanks for the welcomes and concerns
Actually was figured out about the adds and y I posted on their
Yes I am not into forums for money
That's my opinion and mine to have.
None of my other forms come up like this one dose on my phone but as it seems for some reason with the last Google update when I registered on here the page is full of ads
Actually not ads from the site but all because of being on Google
I open it in a different browser as sujested by one of the members on the face book page and it's ad free
Glad I posted over their and was able to get help
As I said in my orginal post I am not in to tech much
I spend my time building for jeeps
Yes laugh as you will I am good with that as I have wide shoulders and am just old school

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Totally agree with tech on a forum
I run the Canadian side of a world wide jeep club and our tech is on our forum like here so it can be used and saved for others
Facebook is great for pics and such.
That is why in fact I joined
I am doing lots of things for the renagade and in the process of that it means I will be learning lots and hope to share this info with your members on here
As I am building this like bull bars rear tire swing out carriers and lift kits

Again thanks for having me

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.