Jeep Renegade Forum banner

HELP ! 2016 Automatic Limited Jeep Renegade FWD - Wanting to Change shift Knob

4K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Lyndsiemarie 
#1 ·
Hello everyone,

I just purchased a new shift knob for my renegade. I purchased this with the intent to update the aesthetic. When I purchased it on amazon, everyone said it was an easy installation. The problem i'm running into is: I can't figure out how to take off my current shift knob. I couldn't find any previous post on these forums reguarding this specific issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Just trying to keep myself busy during this quarantine. Hope everyone is healthy.

2016 Automatic Limited Jeep Renegade FWD - Wanting to Change shift Knob

See less See more
#5 ·
I don’t know if you’re still looking for an answer, but I might know the right path.

If you take off the colored trim panel surrounding the shifter, you can access the bottom of the shifter where some connectors seem to be.

I have no need to remove the shifter, so I’m not going to attempt it. But, you can look around at it and see if it’s right. If that doesn’t work, my only other thought is to remove the colored piece (mine is silver) on the shifter to see if there’s some sort of bolt under it.

I’d go at that with trying to pry it off from the top with a small flathead screwdriver.

Please, only try this if you think it’ll work, for I also have no idea.

Good luck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.