Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Hope you can help. Got my Longitude back in 2016, it has had 2 services via Arnold Clark. Missed the 3rd service and recently had a 4th done via independent garage - it’s my neighbour who runs a garage so trust them. Arnold Clark never reset the service timer.
Even though the jeep has had an oil change the change oil message keeps appearing. Then this week it has gone into limp mode with check engine light.
Checked for faults and none found. Cleared check engine but cannot get rid of change oil message.
Could the check engine be due to the oil message or is there something more sinister happening?
Many help is welcome. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
3,460 Posts

and enjoy the forum!

Oil change light will not put it in limp mode. Low oil or a ton of other things can.
Best bet have the dealer scan it to get all the codes.
Good luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply.
We did clear everything as it came up with no error.
Even with service expired and the change oil it won’t put it into limp?
Thanks

·
Registered
224 Posts
You could try the battery trick, disconnect the negative with the quick release,leave for a few mins and reconnect. Mines done limp mode more than once and this works for me. (y)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all the input.

Managed to get it sorted yesterday; only warning was something about oil viscosity. Oil is less than two weeks old and according to the dipstick it’s full and clean looking

·
Registered
224 Posts
Know the feeling Garden Shed, mine ran over the service timing due to this covid 19, had the change oil light came up. Had the service( 18,000 mls) last week and the change oil light is still coming on,so someone forgot to clear it. Tried the disconnect the battery trick but it didnt work this time. But i know its been done so not a problem. (y)

·
Super Moderator
1,483 Posts
Have you failed any DPF regens?

Failed regen on FPT DERV units can end up with diesel in the sump.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts