Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way to get the factory type trailer hitch that is built into the bumper for my 2020 Renegade TH? I would most likely never pull a trailer but need an option for 2-3 mountain bikes. I really do not want to climb up top to get bikes.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
29 Posts
Well thanks! 😁That is exactly what I need! Ouch 😬 on the price though by the time I get it installed. Too bad Jeep didn't see fit to make it standard for the $500 more they add for it. $1000 here $1000 there....will I ever get to retire? 😧
Agreed.

I just got this installed yesterday on my 2020 Trailhawk (will post pics later) and yes, it's expensive but much better than what my dealer wanted to charge.

My brother works there and with his employee discount, they wanted $1800, including install.
I found and paid my local Jeep aftermarket shop $95/hour, took 4 hours, so with the kit, I paid a total of $1200, saving $600 wing wangs.

·
Registered
2015 Trailhawk
706 Posts
I installed the RenegadeReady hitch kit myself. I am not a gear-head auto mechanic. I just know how to turn a wrench and follow directions. Their kit and instructions are great and spell out every step. It's still not super easy but it is possible to do it in your driveway - in an afternoon. The result of doing it yourself can be very satisfying. Worth considering if you have any mechanical ability.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Agreed.

I just got this installed yesterday on my 2020 Trailhawk (will post pics later) and yes, it's expensive but much better than what my dealer wanted to charge.

My brother works there and with his employee discount, they wanted $1800, including install.
I found and paid my local Jeep aftermarket shop $95/hour, took 4 hours, so with the kit, I paid a total of $1200, saving $600 wing wangs.
Thanks for info I will add it to my mod list, the shop should be able to do it along with everything else.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I installed the RenegadeReady hitch kit myself. I am not a gear-head auto mechanic. I just know how to turn a wrench and follow directions. Their kit and instructions are great and spell out every step. It's still not super easy but it is possible to do it in your driveway - in an afternoon. The result of doing it yourself can be very satisfying. Worth considering if you have any mechanical ability.
I was reading the web site info and they do spell it out pretty clear maybe I will get my handy tool kit out (and my sons on stand by) 😃

·
Registered
29 Posts
I was reading the web site info and they do spell it out pretty clear maybe I will get my handy tool kit out (and my sons on stand by) 😃
There's a video of a guy in a wheelchair, installing it mostly on his own.
I'm really handy and prob. could have done it, but I chickened out....lol

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
There's a video of a guy in a wheelchair, installing it mostly on his own.
I'm really handy and prob. could have done it, but I chickened out....lol
ok if that doesn't shame me into doing it myself nothing will!! Did I mention I work at a hardware store 😐

1 - 12 of 12 Posts