Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Renegade, Melphi, went down today to an unknown issue. She started sputtering like having bad gas, then service engine comes on. It's at the dealer and they don't have a clue. I had it in for service in September for the first oil change. They kept it longer to do upgrades to the system. I also did the uconnect update myself with no issues. Melphis been having hesitation issues on acceleration since they did computer updates in September. They told me that it would have to get use to my driving again. Starting to wonder if I bought the wrong car. Not to mention Commando Green is already discontinued. Had they had Jet Set Blue to start with, I would have gotten that.

FRUSTRATED:(

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
My Renegade, Melphi, went down today to an unknown issue. She started sputtering like having bad gas, then service engine comes on. It's at the dealer and they don't have a clue. I had it in for service in September for the first oil change. They kept it longer to do upgrades to the system. I also did the uconnect update myself with no issues. Melphis been having hesitation issues on acceleration since they did computer updates in September. They told me that it would have to get use to my driving again. Starting to wonder if I bought the wrong car. Not to mention Commando Green is already discontinued. Had they had Jet Set Blue to start with, I would have gotten that.

FRUSTRATED:(
How many miles has it done?

·
Registered
302 Posts
Maybe fuel injection issues. Did they check the fuel filter? I learned a long time ago never to fill up at a gas station when the fuel truck was unloading. If there is any water or junk in the bottom of the tank it stirs it up and it takes awhile to settle back out. Storage tanks are supposed to be better today but I know there are still issues.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
There have been a few reports of "loose" connecters. Even a loose battery terminal can cause issues with today's computer controlled cars.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Picked up my Renegade on Friday. They couldn't find anything wrong with it. It miraculously got better. No missing, hesitation or sputtering. Check Engine light was off. I'm skeptical because of all the issues I'm reading about on here. Did they actually find something wrong and fix it under warranty and not say anything due to the bad publicity this vehicle has gotten in the first year or was I just imagining the issue?

Regardless, back in my Renegade for now reporting no further issues.

Note: They did say it was not due to bad gas.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mine has done the EXACT same thing. Everything will be working fine then randomly one day I'll start it up and all the sensors start flashing, the jeep starts sputtering like it's not getting enough gas and it's on the verge of dying like it's not getting enough power. When I attempt to drive it there's no "umph" and it won't accelerate. With the gas pedal pushed fully down the jeep won't go faster than 53 mph sputtering and stalling the entire time. Here's where it gets even stranger... After I park and let it sit for awhile I start it up and it's like nothing ever happened! It runs great, shifts well, has that turbo pick up and go, plenty of power to everything, no sputtering, no stalling... It's like it was a bad dream.

Everything will be going well for a while so much so that I forget all about the issue. Then one day randomly it will do the EXACT same thing again. I don't f-ing get it! And I know if I take it in to a mechanic, the jeep won't have the issue with them, won't do it in front of them, they'll look at me like I'm a dumba$$, charge me for having them look at it and for calling me a dumba$$, laugh it off and I'll leave without an answer being more frustrated than I already am. Idk wtf to do. I'm too scared to do something or nothing. Uggghhhhh!!

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Mine has done the EXACT same thing. ... Uggghhhhh!!
W E L C O M E ! ! !
... to the forum.

Just so that you know, this is a 6 year old post.

I would start by disconnecting the battery for about 10 minutes to reboot the computers (make sure that the ignition switch/button is off).
There is a quick disconnect on the negative battery terminal.

Sometimes a reboot is all that is required.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.