Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, I'm a long-time reader who just never posted and now I'm going to ask questions.
My daughter purchased her first NEW car, a 2015 Jeep Renegade, 6-speed std, 4 doors, nothing special or fancy. Been trouble-free, no problems. She is a nurse and work is a 40 mile oneway trip. so her car has 90,000 miles on it, trouble-free. UNTIL...... Last month someone hit her in the rear end, she was still moving then hit. The impact drove her into the car in front of her, so she had back and front damage. The car was not driveable and was towed. The car went to a body shop and was being repaired, the exhaust was system was damaged and as the car was delivered to a muffler shop the clutch failed and was towed to a dealers shop where the clutch was replaced for $2615.00 the insurance company USAA refused to pay for the repair. Now the car has all kinds of trouble codes showing up. light bulbs out, check engine, brake problems, and more. So, she took it to another dealer for diagnostics their answer is the BCU is bad and needs to be replaced $830 the CV axle is leaking grease $1094 and the kicker is the parts are not available right now and they don't know when they can get them.

Being a lot smarter than most I went to 2 independent shops about the axle and they said they could not find a replacement axle anyplace. FRUSTRATION FOR SURE!!!!

Does anyone else have similar problems? Can anyone offer any solutions other than seeing if I can get the car stolen somehow? Thank you for any suggestions

jerry

·
Super Moderator
1,786 Posts
With all that, did the Insurance company not just write the car off?

·
Registered
2017 renegade trailhawk 9 spd auto glacier metallic, preferred package 27E
374 Posts
Hi, I'm a long-time reader who just never posted and now I'm going to ask questions.
My daughter purchased her first NEW car, a 2015 Jeep Renegade, 6-speed std, 4 doors, nothing special or fancy. Been trouble-free, no problems. She is a nurse and work is a 40 mile oneway trip. so her car has 90,000 miles on it, trouble-free. UNTIL...... Last month someone hit her in the rear end, she was still moving then hit. The impact drove her into the car in front of her, so she had back and front damage. The car was not driveable and was towed. The car went to a body shop and was being repaired, the exhaust was system was damaged and as the car was delivered to a muffler shop the clutch failed and was towed to a dealers shop where the clutch was replaced for $2615.00 the insurance company USAA refused to pay for the repair. Now the car has all kinds of trouble codes showing up. light bulbs out, check engine, brake problems, and more. So, she took it to another dealer for diagnostics their answer is the BCU is bad and needs to be replaced $830 the CV axle is leaking grease $1094 and the kicker is the parts are not available right now and they don't know when they can get them.

Being a lot smarter than most I went to 2 independent shops about the axle and they said they could not find a replacement axle anyplace. FRUSTRATION FOR SURE!!!!

Does anyone else have similar problems? Can anyone offer any solutions other than seeing if I can get the car stolen somehow? Thank you for any suggestions

jerry
a waste of a lot of out of pocket money, 2015 jeep not worth that kind of cash if insurance not paying for repairs imo

·
Super Moderator
1,786 Posts
Insurance companies are thieves.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
What was the insurance company?
And it needs to be given to a 16year old with time on his hands to rebuild with pull apart yard parts. Othwise get rid of it. For all the reasons you can think of.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What was the insurance company?
And it needs to be given to a 16year old with time on his hands to rebuild with pull apart yard parts. Othwise get rid of it. For all the reasons you can think of.

Insurance company USAA

1 - 7 of 7 Posts