Jeep Renegade Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Jeep Renegade Limited AWD 2.4L
788 Posts
just ended up taking 3 days of head scratching to figure out what to do (and a couple of harbor freight trips).
Been there. Done that. I usually come up with the solutions to my problems while I lay down to sleep. It’s good to be able to step away from things for awhile.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all.

I recently got the Rough Country 2in lift and I began working on the passenger side front strut first. All was going well until it was time to put the strut back on and it has an inch gap where it’s not lining back up with the knuckle. Found a thread on here where someone had the same issue and had to unbolt the ball joint and wiggle it in, so I unbolted it but seems impossible. Way too much stress would be needed to do that (both on me and the car). Also, the lower arm seems to be maxed out as well, so it physically can’t travel any more further down. Am I doing something wrong?

View attachment 2396350244
(Unbolted joint that won’t reach)

View attachment 2396350245
(Maxed out lower arm)
For more information on ball joints for jeep visit the website here https://www.jeepzine.com/best-ball-joints-for-jeep
How much does a 2inch lift Cost? Are Rough Country lift kits any good?

·
Registered
338 Posts
I have this lift. Although it has been less then 500 miles, I am happy with it so far. It goes for 299. It allowed me to easily fit 235/65R17's on with no pinch seam mod necessary. As for installation I had it done but was going to do a Terraflex and they seemed similar except the RC did not involve any cutting of the strut like the Tera does.

·
Registered
2015 Jeep Renegade, Latitude, 2.4L 4x4, black, 9 speed automatic, MySky
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
How much does a 2inch lift Cost? Are Rough Country lift kits any good?
I am quite pleased with this kit. It’s real nice and all components are extremely high quality. No corner was cut. My only complaint were complications on the install, something that people said took two people 4.5 hours took me and my father 5 days. However, I would say the work is definitely worth the $720 Hunkeemoose spent for a shop to install it. The kit itself cost $300 and typically has free shipping from online sellers.

·
Registered
2015 Jeep Renegade, Latitude, 2.4L 4x4, black, 9 speed automatic, MySky
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I have this lift. Although it has been less then 500 miles, I am happy with it so far. It goes for 299. It allowed me to easily fit 235/65R17's on with no pinch seam mod necessary. As for installation I had it done but was going to do a Terraflex and they seemed similar except the RC did not involve any cutting of the strut like the Tera does.
Strange. Might want to check that your shop cut the strut because it’s definitely a necessary part of the installation of the rough country kit.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Strange. Might want to check that your shop cut the strut because it’s definitely a necessary part of the installation of the rough country kit.
I was only going off video I saw that didn't include that info. They used Rough Country instead of the Teraflex I had on the way because they said it was the one the were most familiar with and could give me a firm price. I am sure they fill it we'd the install to the letter. Shop has been in business of mods for 32 years so I trusted their opinion. Teraflex is returning theirs for a full refund because of some shenanigans they played with the ship date that kept me from cancelling the order in time.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts