Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
I assume the press gets these Rennys from a dealer with approval from JEEP. I kinda feel bad for this dealer, that guy abused that Trailhawk.

For the record .. Abuse (uh-byooz, v. To drive a Jeep as it should be driven, to have fun off-roading)

·
Registered
715 Posts
Lol def a little abuse.

Goes to show what it's truly capable of in stock form. Thin sidewalls will go so far, those Shityears are such a flimsy tire, but surprisingly capable. With more armor, I'm excited to try that myself someday ???

·
Registered
32 Posts
Good test and I didn't see him do anything I wouldn't do with my own. I really expect to push mine more so than they did on this video. Wish there were more like mud capability videos, where I'm from that's like all there is.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Other than of the switchbacks and the one climb where they had to push, I really didn't see much that was too difficult. Shots of them splashing through some puddles. I'm not overly impressed with the off roading, even after watching that. That being, I didn't buy mine to do serious off roading, but to handle some trail riding and snow.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Other than of the switchbacks and the one climb where they had to push, I really didn't see much that was too difficult. Shots of them splashing through some puddles. I'm not overly impressed with the off roading, even after watching that. That being, I didn't buy mine to do serious off roading, but to handle some trail riding and snow.
Black Bear isn't that hard, but it has a very high pucker factor. They didn't show the hardest parts, one being called the steps.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Black Bear isn't that hard, but it has a very high pucker factor. They didn't show the hardest parts, one being called the steps.

You'd think they'd have shown those parts, if they did them. So I'm assuming they may have skipped them, or it didn't handle that well that they wanted to show it.

·
Super Moderator
3,600 Posts
I assume the press gets these Rennys from a dealer with approval from JEEP. I kinda feel bad for this dealer, that guy abused that Trailhawk.

For the record .. Abuse (uh-byooz, v. To drive a Jeep as it should be driven, to have fun off-roading)
Manufacturers maintain a press fleet of vehicles.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Cool vid! I wish they'd shown more of the difficult off road sections. Stock tires fared about as well as id expect on sharp rocks. I found it interesting he said all Jeeps should wave at other Jeeps despite model. I've found that doesn't apply to real life. lol

·
Super Moderator
3,600 Posts
You'd think they'd have shown those parts, if they did them. So I'm assuming they may have skipped them, or it didn't handle that well that they wanted to show it.
Or it was a repeat of the area where they needed a push repeated over and over (not necessarily the push, but the pacing), and they edited the thing down to give you an overview and make it entertaining to more people rather than boring but informative to a much smaller pile of people.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Awesome video!!
Now if someone can make a Renegade Sport 4x4 off roading video for myself.. to see how far i can really go, since it what I have.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I've driven all of these roads in the San Juans. These guys are morons. The first thing that you NEVER do on those trails is gonzo through mudholes. First. it just tears up the trail. Second, on those trails there are often huge sharp rocks that lurk in the water and mud that would tear that vehicle apart if hit at the speeds they were roaring through them. It's also obvious from the snippets of video that the Trailhawk lacks adequate low-range gearing for this type of off-road use. A properly geared vehicle should have to use the brakes very little--not the case in this video. Get this right: 20:1 gearing is NOT low enough gearing for this kind of use--40:1 would be better.

For the record, I've been 4-wheeling those trails since before these guys were even born!

·
Registered
190 Posts
I cringed a bit when he scraped up next to that tree hoping over that old cement thing... Also you can see the those thin side walls in action, **** thing compresses all the way to the rim in one shot.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.