Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. Time to ditch my old Liberty and the old XJs are too pricey right now so I'm getting a Renegade. I'd love some feedback on a few things (Trailhawk vs other trim 4x4, 1.3 Turbo vs 2.4, 2019-20 options, mods). Is the general forum the best place to post here?

·
Registered
2017 renegade trailhawk 9 spd auto glacier metallic, preferred package 27E
367 Posts
i like my 2017 2.4 trailhawk, i did tweek the tcm and ecm and air filter. now no acceleration lag and much faster through the gears. easy to put on different exterior mods,handles and rides nice. sorry just reread your thread,your looking at 2019,2020.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i like my 2017 2.4 trailhawk, i did tweek the tcm and ecm and air filter. now no acceleration lag and much faster through the gears. easy to put on different exterior mods,handles and rides nice. sorry just reread your thread,your looking at 2019,2020.
No worries brother. I'm very much interested in hearing about getting a little more power out of the Jeep. Thanks for replying!

·
Super Moderator
1,773 Posts
Try the configurator on the Jeep website to compare trims?

If you want tunability, the 1.3 turbo may have a bigger community, being turbo'd, in a large range of vehicles etc, but I'd guess most of that will be on the European side.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Try the configurator on the Jeep website to compare trims?

If you want tunability, the 1.3 turbo may have a bigger community, being turbo'd, in a large range of vehicles etc, but I'd guess most of that will be on the European side.
Thank you. I think I'm definitely leaning towards the turbo after reading some here

·
Registered
2021 Renegade Trailhawk
37 Posts
We have the 1.3 turbo and so far no complaints. It goes most places my XJ goes with a lot more comfort. We went with the 21 Hawk with the cold weather package and tow package. I’ve actually been really impressed with its abilities minus the stock tires. That said the stock tires are great for everyday driving or just light off roading.

·
Registered
2019 White Renegade latitude
34 Posts
I have a 2021 limited. I chose that because I’m not one who would ever go off road…..you defiantly want the 1.3 turbo…..don’t even consider the 2.4

1 - 12 of 12 Posts