Jeep Renegade Forum banner

HI from Argentina!

2K views 19 replies 7 participants last post by  738pilot 
#1 ·
Hi everybody! My name is Federico, I live in Buenos Aires, and I recently bought a 2018 TH ( with 9000 miles)
I love this car!
Now I'm having a issue with a leak , that I think is A/C fluid (light green and oily)
Nice to be here! Thanks in advance for all the info!!!!

#9 ·
Thanks for the welcoming messages!
More about the "fluid" issue
The leak is from the gearbox cooler which is at the front of the engine, above the big radiator....
Fluid is from the gearbox
I didn't knew that this automatic 9 speed no gearbox has a cooler.......
So , now we have to know if the leak is in the cooler itself or in some hose.........
🥶

#10 · (Edited)
Though refrigerant gases are colourless and odourless (unlike Ammonia which smells like cats p1ss) manufacturers are known to add a colourant for easy detection under certain light conditions.

I am led to believe that a light green colourant is added to coolant.

Of all the fluids to spring a leak beneath the bonnet, coolant/antifreeze is the easiest to identify. This is thanks to its bright green or yellow colour, and its distinctive sweet odour.

Just don't let your pet cat lick it as it's poisonous to them.

Fluid Type:Colour:Consistency/Smell:Areas Prone to Leak:
Engine OilLight brown/blackOily; distinctive smell (check dipstick scent)Timing cover; oil filter; oil sump; head gasket
Transmission FluidPink, red, or brownSlick/oily; clean or odourless scentAxle seal and output shaft seal
Power Steering FluidReddish brownThin consistency; sweet burning smellRack end seals on rack and pinion system
Brake FluidPale amberSimilar to cooking oilMaster cylinders; flex lines; brake calliper seals
Coolant/AntifreezeBright green or yellowThin consistency; sweet odourWater pump; radiator; hoses; freeze plugs; heater core; head gasket
WaterClear (where is it, I can't see it :p)Thin consistency; odourlessAir conditioning unit

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.