Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I ordered my Renegade Longitude 1.6 diesel on Friday. I decided to go for Alpine White with grey/brown interior, the function pack, and rear parking sensors. The dealer has kindly agreed to order and fit the silver grill, mirror caps, and if they can get hold of them, the silver roof rails.

The simple reason for this is that I loved how the Limited looked on the outside, but inside there's just too much kit for my taste and I HATE leather seats with a passion... lovely to look at, but the feel of them on long drives bugs me. So the dealer was happy to help me in making it look as much like a Limited as possible :).

I ended up visiting three dealers. The first two were just so ambivalent to my presence and spent so much time telling me how many cars they HAD sold rather than focussing on selling a car to me that I walked out on both of them before finding a nice, family-run dealership in Colchester. Absolutely no hard sell from the salesman and we sat chatting for a good couple of hours... the nicest experience of buying a car I think I've ever had so I'm pleased I held out and waited to find a someone helpful to buy the car from.

The delivery times quoted varied drastically from 8 weeks to 16 weeks between the dealerships. I think the first two were quoting long wait times in an effort to convince me to go for a stock model so they could get their money quicker, while the dealer I eventually bought from quoted 8 to 10 weeks.

In any case, he's due to call me tomorrow with more news on the roof rails and delivery date, so fingers crossed!

Cheers!
Richard

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hi Richard,

Welcome to the forum I ordered my OE in white 6 weeks ago this coming Tuesday?
My Renegade turned up at the port which is at Portbury just outside Bristol were I live.
I will warn you that no matter how good the dealer is the information from FCA is poor to the dealers and the tracking of the cars is quiet frankly a joke in this modern age.
I have also heard from my local dealer that anyone ordering the glass sun roof which is very nice will have to wait 4 months?
But all being well I will get mine next weekend and fingers crossed all goes to plan when you get a delivery date from your dealer.

Regards
Nathan

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It seems to vary from country to country...

I wonder what the price difference will be in the US compared to the UK. If it will be more or less expensive..?
You know, I had the exact same thought today, so I did a little research for the European countries.

Remember, however, that the € is currently at a 12-year low against the £, so prices are going to be very skewed compared to what they were a year ago.

The main thing I noticed is that the base price for each of the trim levels seems to be lower throughout Europe, but what you get as standard kit for each trim level is also a lot less. To bring the level of kit up to the same level as what's included in UK version as standard increases the price quite quickly, although it's still a shade less in total in light of the exchange rates.

It was also interesting to see how black is the standard "free" paint colour in the UK, but it's actually white in much of Europe.

In any case, I think UK consumers get a better deal in terms of a decent deposit contribution when buying through finance (£1,000) as well as access to some 0% deals over 2 or 3 years if you're looking to own the car outright, or very low interest rates for personal leasing.

If Europe is anything to go by, I'd guess there will be some differences between the UK and the US. The following should give you a clue - http://www.jeep.co.uk/renegade/models/

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ordering system down

I have also heard from my local dealer that anyone ordering the glass sun roof which is very nice will have to wait 4 months?
But all being well I will get mine next weekend and fingers crossed all goes to plan when you get a delivery date from your dealer.
Heard from the dealer today that Jeep's/FCA's ordering system has gone down and so the order has not been placed just yet. Slightly annoying, but I don't think a few days will make much difference.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.