Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
Just signed in and eager to read the threads , though I’ve been doing some roaming.

I am the original owner of a 2007 Miata (my summer car-modified for more fun) and original owner of a very reliable 1997 Honda Civic (winter car), she's almost become a wife for me lol. I can't get rid of her, we've lasted more than my previous or current relationship combined lol. I am looking for an AWD / 4x4 as my winter car, hence the interest in the Renegade.

A fan of Jeep but never owned one, the Renegade is now a vehicle I am very seriously considering for my needs in our harsh winters here and love the Trail Hawk.

My parents are first generation immigrants to Canada from Italy and I go down to visit family in Italy every 2 years or so. I thus have a natural bias towards Fiat and find the Fiat Chrysler combination very exciting to date.

I can't wait to see the Renegade in show rooms and discuss the car with you all !

· Registered
187 Posts
Hello there,

I'm in Mtl too and following the Renegade Trailhawk news as well. Looking forward to see if I replace my actual Jeep Patriot 2010 with this stylish trail rated upcoming Jeep. I thought last year about the Cherokee but too expensive in the trailhawk trim...

However what worries me is the quality of the Renegade as my Patriot does not have the best reliability record out there but affordable and fairly capable 4x4 for my mild outdoors activity... I want an outdoors all terrain family SUV and this is the only one I could afford.... I presume the renegade TH will fit my budget too...

For Montreal winters no problem at all, unless you forget it a couple of nights buried after a snow storm ;-)

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello there,

I'm in Mtl too and following the Renegade Trailhawk news as well. Looking forward to see if I replace my actual Jeep Patriot 2010 with this stylish trail rated upcoming Jeep. I thought last year about the Cherokee but too expensive in the trailhawk trim...

However what worries me is the quality of the Renegade as my Patriot does not have the best reliability record out there but affordable and fairly capable 4x4 for my mild outdoors activity... I want an outdoors all terrain family SUV and this is the only one I could afford.... I presume the renegade TH will fit my budget too...

For Montreal winters no problem at all, unless you forget it a couple of nights buried after a snow storm ;-)
Hi Karamich,

So you are not totally new to Jeep as I am or will probably be :). It troubles me that you've had reliability issues with yours, nothing serious I hope .

I am hoping to see the Renegade at the Montreal auto show in January 2015, what are the chances ? :).

· Registered
187 Posts
Hi Karamich,

So you are not totally new to Jeep as I am or will probably be :). It troubles me that you've had reliability issues with yours, nothing serious I hope .

I am hoping to see the Renegade at the Montreal auto show in January 2015, what are the chances ? :).
Me too looking forward to see the Renegade in the Auto Show!

Yea, my Jeep Patriot is not the most reliable vehicle out there but fair enough for its price

My advice: Negociate an extended warranty if you buy the Jeep... I read this advice in a review back in 2010 before I bought the Patriot I have and it served me well... Last week for example, had to fix few things here and there and all were covered by the warranty...

Among other issues, the major thing in my Patriot 2010 was the Suspension noise and weakness... They fixed it 3 times now... Again with the Warranty but then every year I expect the noise to get back

I hope the Renegade will have a much better quality overall

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Not sure if you're into racing but have you ever attended the F1 race that's usually held in MTL?
F1 is my favorite sport, I can't remember NOT going to the GP in MTL. I already have my tickets for next year :) ! I went to the one in Monza in 2011 as well, while visiting family in Italy. There are a few more I'd like to go to,. ****, it would be awesome to do them all if I could, at least once :)!

· Registered
1,444 Posts
F1 is my favorite sport, I can't remember NOT going to the GP in MTL. I already have my tickets for next year :) ! I went to the one in Monza in 2011 as well, while visiting family in Italy. There are a few more I'd like to go to,. ****, it would be awesome to do them all if I could, at least once :)!
Glad to hear that, i know that not all Jeep folks are into it so I wasn't too sure what sort of answer to expect.

Do you usually take any pictures and video's of the events?

Folks in Toronto must be jealous :D

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Glad to hear that, i know that not all Jeep folks are into it so I wasn't too sure what sort of answer to expect.

Do you usually take any pictures and video's of the events?

Folks in Toronto must be jealous :D
I do take some pictures, but nothing great, and I honestly don't like wasting time with a camera as the cars zoom by. I've got a co-worker's husband from TO that's been coming for the last two years, he's really jealous of the event being in MTL :). I love the sport but not too crazy about the "sound" generated with the turbos, not to my liking at all, but you get use to it.

· Registered
234 Posts
Spa has got to be the one I'd kill to attend ;) I don't mind the Turbo sixes to be honest, yes the sound is down but this years racing is better than its been in at least 5 years. F1 really started to spiral downwards after Alonso won his second WDC IMO. I love seeing the new cars misbehaving like they do, spontaneous kicks of over steer, you see Vettel drift the pit lane exit last race :D

Oh and welcome aboard :D;)

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Spa has got to be the one I'd kill to attend ;) I don't mind the Turbo sixes to be honest, yes the sound is down but this years racing is better than its been in at least 5 years. F1 really started to spiral downwards after Alonso won his second WDC IMO. I love seeing the new cars misbehaving like they do, spontaneous kicks of over steer, you see Vettel drift the pit lane exit last race :D

Oh and welcome aboard :D;)
Thanks, can't disagree with you on the entertainment aspect of the sport, last year was exciting as well despite the RB dominance. As for the sound, it's a question of personal taste but having heard the old 12 cylinders and prior turbos, this year I thought I was hearing lawn mowers on the track lol. The supporting races had more "race" to the sound if I can put it that way. And yes, SPA is on my to do list, it's one of my favorite tracks, just have to bring some rain gear though :)!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.