Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I plan on purchasing the vehicle for my Coffee Business for local deliveries etc.
I love that its one of the few new vehicles left with awd and a manual trans. I'm big awd, manual transmission, wagon fan. My DDs being an Audi s4 avant and Audi allroad. And this is practically the last thing on the market that fits the bill.

Does anyone know the exact payload capacity? I'm hoping at least 800lbs.
Because I would like to, if in a bind, be able to put four or five 100-150lb bags of coffee in the back.

I usually use my truck or allroad for bulk coffee, both of those have quite the towing capacity, just terrible mpg...
Every once in awhile, I have to buy last minute and pick up only 4 bags.(ie 750lbs or less, usually only 600lb). I usually use my allroad for that(roughly 1,500lb payload), but its getting older and I'd rather take it off those 500mi trips.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Welcome RöstHaus,

The specs to date don't seem to list the GVWR but I found this site that lists the "gross weight GVWR". It looks like most models you will get about 1200 pounds, so less passengers you should be find with 800 pounds of java.

http://www.automobile-catalog.com/make/jeep/renegade/renegade_1_4wd/2015.html

Now, that said, the rear load floor may give a little. It may help to have a full size spare to support the underside of the load floor instead of the temporary spare and the hard foam insert. Also, the load floor is like one inch think double sided blow molded plastic. You may want to custom cut a piece of 3/4 inch plywood and use it as an overlay to spread out the weight. Of course don't forget to paint it Java Brown.

Reactions: LonN
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.