Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Wow. This forum really isn't very helpful. Either no one checks it or no one knows anything lol.

For anyone who needs this info, I found this page from Mopar where you can find any wiring diagram for your vehicle:

I've wired up my lights but they are not turning on...pretty sure I've isolated the correct high beam wire so still trying to figure out the weak spot.

·
Registered
2015 Jeep Renegade, Latitude, 2.4L 4x4, black, 9 speed automatic, MySky
561 Posts
And how certain are you that you’ve isolated the correct high beam wire? It doesn’t sound like you had complete confidence in saying that.

·
Registered
2018 Renegade Latitude
169 Posts
Wow. This forum really isn't very helpful. Either no one checks it or no one knows anything lol.

...For anyone who needs this info, I found this page from Mopar where you can find any wiring diagram for your vehicle:...

Hey Sun-Runner
There were no wiring diagrams at this link, just connector configurations. I hope you aren't relying on just that to try and wire in anything. If you are just wiring in extra lights to come on when you switch to high beam, have you taken into account the amperage increase? You could be overloading the fuse and factory wire, unless you are just using the positive side to activate a relay to turn on the Hellas.

Reactions: Sun-Runner

·
Registered
51 Posts
And how certain are you that you’ve isolated the correct high beam wire? It doesn’t sound like you had complete confidence in saying that.
Going off the only resource I had - the diagram from the website I posted. It lists the wire color, and the position on the diagram looked like a match for the actual wire in my engine.

Will do some digging around this week with a multimeter to try to find the weak spot.

No hate on the forum - I was just getting frustrated with the internet in general on this and directed it here.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hey Sun-Runner
There were no wiring diagrams at this link, just connector configurations. I hope you aren't relying on just that to try and wire in anything. If you are just wiring in extra lights to come on when you switch to high beam, have you taken into account the amperage increase? You could be overloading the fuse and factory wire, unless you are just using the positive side to activate a relay to turn on the Hellas.
I am going off the diagram/picture here to isolate the high beam wire. I'm following the Hellas' instructions, which show splicing the wire from the relay into the high beam wire. On my actual headlamp wiring, there was indeed a green/black wire positioned where the picture shows. Hellas came packaged with all wires/relay and a switch which I'm not using. I'm just using the high beam to trigger the relay to power the Hellas (or at least trying to).

·
Premium Member
3,260 Posts
I've only just got home from the caravan and opened a beer but I know the answer.

Give me till tomorrow morning and I will give you a picture of the wire.

I had my mates mechanic identify the exact wire and I have a piece of insulating tape wrapped around it. It was needed so I can connect my Light Bar into my full beam switch.

Apologies for only getting around to reading the posts but family life and relaxation comes first of which I know you will understand. (y)(y)(y)

Aghhhhh this is 3rd time the cat has jumped onto the keyboard.

The things that I have to put up with in order to give a timeous reply to a frustrated member. ;):rolleyes::p

Green and black is the live wire for full beam.

Tire Wire Automotive tire Auto part Fictional character

·
Registered
51 Posts
I've only just got home from the caravan and opened a beer but I know the answer.

Give me till tomorrow morning and I will give you a picture of the wire.

I had my mates mechanic identify the exact wire and I have a piece of insulating tape wrapped around it. It was needed so I can connect my Light Bar into my full beam switch.

Apologies for only getting around to reading the posts but family life and relaxation comes first of which I know you will understand. (y)(y)(y)

Aghhhhh this is 3rd time the cat has jumped onto the keyboard.

The things that I have to put up with in order to give a timeous reply to a frustrated member. ;):rolleyes::p

Green and black is the live wire for full beam.

View attachment 2396348898

Thank you so much Puddlesplasher! That's indeed what I was seeing, and confirms I isolated the correct wire...appreciate the feedback very much. Helps eliminate problems or things I was unsure of...as fas as I can tell everything is routed correctly so I must have a bad butt connection or possibly the grounds are bad, haven't had a chance to check them/change them, hopefully will tomorrow and will report back.

And no worries about the timeliness of your response, I appreciate it regardless! Good luck with the cat :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was going to install led bar to my Renegade, so does anybody know if its possible to take high beam trigger somewhere else than directly from plug/wires going to headlight? Im pretty sure its possible to do much easier for example from fusebox but owners manual says nothing about high beam fuses. :O Car is 2021 EU version.

·
Registered
2015 Jeep Renegade, Latitude, 2.4L 4x4, black, 9 speed automatic, MySky
561 Posts
I was going to install led bar to my Renegade, so does anybody know if its possible to take high beam trigger somewhere else than directly from plug/wires going to headlight? Im pretty sure its possible to do much easier for example from fusebox but owners manual says nothing about high beam fuses. :O Car is 2021 EU version.
From experience, you don’t really want to go the fuse box direction anyways. Seems like the fuse box is prior to the switch, so tapping in there would just give you constant power.

Give this a try— a wiring diagram for the headlights. Might be able to track it to somewhere else than the plug. I believe you have to open the link in google chrome for it to work though.

·
Premium Member
3,260 Posts
@Onslow: My LED lightbar came with a harness.

For the sake of a few £££s its a far easier route to take. Keep in mind that my lightbar is 100% independant of my headlights.

Currently it is wired via a standalone on/off illuminated switch just below the steering wheel. I can clearly see it is illuminated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for your help. Has anyone ever took the trigger for relay directly from the high beam feed / wire in full led version? I was just wondering will there be any problems / error messages? I know it wouldnt be a problem in halogen version, but never tried with leds. And do you have recommendations where to take power for the seperate drl / parking stripe in led bar? I was planning to take power directly from cars drl / parking light feed since its probably only like 1W consumption, but has anybody done this? Other option is to take only the trigger and install second relay for led-stripe function.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts