Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Did you purchase the Curt hitch that uses the two predrilled and threaded holes in the frame of the vehicle. If so, did you have problems screwing in the bolts into those holes? I purchased what I believe is the same Curt hitch and could not get the bolts in the frame holes

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Did you purchase the Curt hitch that uses the two predrilled and threaded holes in the frame of the vehicle. If so, did you have problems screwing in the bolts into those holes? I purchased what I believe is the same Curt hitch and could not get the bolts in the frame holes
Yes, it's the Curt hitch. I got it from eTrailer. I read the reviews and past buyers said eTrailer sends the wrong bolts, so I was on the look out. Sure enough, the bolts that came with it didn't work. The instructions list the correct bolt size. I picked up a couple at the hardware store and was good to go.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I found out what bolt to use for this Curt Hitch. My instructions state that the two bolts that screw into the frame (existing weld nuts) are 14 X 1.5. The new instructions state that the bolts are 14 X 2.0. This makes a big difference. I cross threaded the nuts and bolts before I realized that Curt sent the wrong bolts. So if you order this hitch, make sure you have the proper bolts

·
Registered
70 Posts
I love the look of the factory one, but I couldn't justify the extra cash and certainly didn't want to go through all the extra work.
The Renegade Ready kit was well worth the money. I had mine on in 3 hours and that was taking it very slowly with the clips and taking breaks and fixing lunch. I use the hitch a lot and a lower receiver would be such a pain to deal with. The factory hitch looks really good and was extremely easy to install as far as receiver hitches go.

Reactions: Mkalkofen
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.