Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cruise control set at 65 mph. My Jeep is a 2016 Trailhawk.

... I took a Memorial Day holiday road trip on Saturday morning Northbound from Chicago to Minneapolis.

I attached a pic of the display, I hope you guys can see it.

Unfortunately on my way back I only avg a measly 31 MPG :crying: LOL

Attachments

·
Registered
753 Posts
Very nice! My Latitude gets between 28 and 32 when I do mostly highway driving. On the weekends when I shoot out to mom's with the boys, by the time I get off at her exit I'm normally up towards the 30+ range.

During the week it's about 99.9% city streets, and I drop down between 18.5 and 21.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm sure that wind direction was a huge factor in the difference. I went south a couple hours from Chicago on Saturday into a strong headwind, and got an indicated 23.x mpg. Came home with the wind on Monday...indicated 32.x. (My experience has shown the computer mileage to be around 1 mpg optimistic, by the way.)

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
At 65 on the highway, I'll average around 28 to 30 mpg. At 55 on the highway, I'll easily get over 32 if it isn't too hilly.

You pay a penalty for higher speeds with the shape of the Renegade and its meager engine power. I'd bet at 80 most will be lucky to get 25 mpg on the highway.

·
Registered
430 Posts
On my way back from Glenwood Springs, I got 33+ mpg. That is going from 5,700ft (1,756m) to Vail Pass at 10,662ft (3,250m), down to Silverthorn at 9,035ft (2,754m) up to Johnson Tunnel at 11,158ft (3,401m) doing 80+ mph (I wasn't being smart) and back down to Loveland.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I noticed that if I'm doing about 70-75, cruise control, and I pop the gears to manual, it's at 7th gear and doing high teens mpg. If I put it into 8th, I'll get mid 20s mpg. I wonder if they could possibly make an update to when the gears should change so we can get better mpg.

And there's no way I can drive 60-65 on highways. I'd fall asleep from boredom ?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Just got mine (2016 Trailhawk) and within my first 250 miles I'm at 20.1 MPG. I have an hour commute to and from work. About 30 minutes of it is stop and go at the very least. Really hoping I can be above 20 mpg on regular usage.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I've never seen above 26mpg.

mostly I get about 20, but I sit in a lot of traffic jam traffic every day.

This is kind of what I'm thinking. We only have 86 miles on our TH so far. I do like your fuelly tracker though. Might have to sign up for that.
We do it on our other 2 cars as well.
This forum is great.

·
Registered
394 Posts
If it goes back to the normal MPG after a while it is probably fine but if it stays that high you might want to have the oxygen sensor checked out. I had an oxygen sensor go out on my BMW and it all of the sudden started getting 5 mpg better fuel economy. Running lean is not good.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.