Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not so sure anymore if I love the Renegade as much as before. I definitely think it looks neat, but what car base-model has NO Air Conditioning? That bothers me...anyway, the one I would get (if I go that route), is white Limited loaded, looks like $30,000.
Recently, I have been looking on 2012 Jeep Libertys, I always liked the look of the Liberty. I have found one with VERY low miles 5,500, the Sky Slider which I LOVE, and it's the Limited 4x2, exact one I like. Priced around $20,000.

Opinions?!

·
Registered
157 Posts
I am not so sure anymore if I love the Renegade as much as before. I definitely think it looks neat, but what car base-model has NO Air Conditioning?[s/QUOTE]

It has A/C standard. It's just a single zone A/C, is not a dual zone A/C.
No, base Sport has no A/C, A/C IS optional and only reg A/C not dual auto.

·
Registered
370 Posts
No, base Sport has no A/C, A/C IS optional and only reg A/C not dual auto.
Ok now I scratch my head and wonder about this. I just re-checked this and it does show single zone a/c to be standard for the base car. However right below that it shows "P" (to indicate thst it's part of a package). And at the bottom there is a package that includes single zone a/c along with cruise and power heaters mirrors. So I got no clue if it's standard of if you have to pay for that package just to get a/c.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Ok now I scratch my head and wonder about this. I just re-checked this and it does show single zone a/c to be standard for the base car. However right below that it shows "P" (to indicate thst it's part of a package). And at the bottom there is a package that includes single zone a/c along with cruise and power heaters mirrors. So I got no clue if it's standard of if you have to pay for that package just to get a/c.
Yes, if you want A/C in your sport you have to buy that package.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Hey don't knock the concept. If they sold cars with manual windows and mirrors then they could sell them for a much lower price. Same thing with carpet. I have a Fiat 500L as my daily driver. But I also have an FJ Cruiser that I use to tow my sailboat. It has no carpet and I get water in it from my shoes each time I get my boat into or out of the water. It just wipes up so easily. People who will get their Renegades a tad muddy may also appreciate the option to have no carpeting, to have a rubber floor at a lower price.

Some folks can't afford $30,000.00 to buy a car. So hey offer them a stripped down car at a much lower price, sell more cars, put more people in cars. And don't forget if you hit a patch of ice and slide off road into a lake you would be able to roll down manual windows once submerged, something you may not be able to do if the power windows don't work.

·
Super Moderator
3,600 Posts
Hey don't knock the concept. If they sold cars with manual windows and mirrors then they could sell them for a much lower price. Same thing with carpet. I have a Fiat 500L as my daily driver. But I also have an FJ Cruiser that I use to tow my sailboat. It has no carpet and I get water in it from my shoes each time I get my boat into or out of the water. It just wipes up so easily. People who will get their Renegades a tad muddy may also appreciate the option to have no carpeting, to have a rubber floor at a lower price.

Some folks can't afford $30,000.00 to buy a car. So hey offer them a stripped down car at a much lower price, sell more cars, put more people in cars. And don't forget if you hit a patch of ice and slide off road into a lake you would be able to roll down manual windows once submerged, something you may not be able to do if the power windows don't work.
Manual window cranks don't save money. It's not a particularly cheap mechanism, and in this day and age, the price difference between it and the power window mechanism is small enough that the difference is mitigated by having to manage multiple supply chains and QC processes to offer both. So power windows it is.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.