Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Actually, I'm currently in Cabo for my honeymoon, but the wife and I are from Tampa. What better way to spend downtime then reading about the Renegade.

I haven't purchased anything yet. I had my heart set on a 4 door wrangler (my first purchase out of college was a '97 TJ and missed it) but when I priced them I was blown away at the cost. That and the potential "car seat" we will be having in our future (worried about safety), I stumbled upon the Renegade.

I guess the questions I have for this knowledgable forum are for those that drive the manual. I really miss having a stick, but it seems like only the lower end models come with a manual. Nothing would make me happier than having a Trailhawk with the manual transmission.

So, for those that loaded up your manual transmission Renegades, what did you guys get, and how much did it end up settin ya back? Thanks!

·
Registered
149 Posts
I'm not really a fan of all the crap they put in cars these days. All the lane departure warnings and bluetooth tech and junk. I was completely happy to order a Latitude with a manual, and I added just the cold weather group (which would do you no good). It's got more than enough standard features for me. It's still on order so I haven't officially purchased it, but the dealer and I agreed on invoice price.

Also, congratulations! My wife and I went to Key West for our honeymoon in 2014. We celebrated our first anniversary in July, and we're expecting our first little one in February!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Actually, I'm currently in Cabo for my honeymoon, but the wife and I are from Tampa. What better way to spend downtime then reading about the Renegade.

I haven't purchased anything yet. I had my heart set on a 4 door wrangler (my first purchase out of college was a '97 TJ and missed it) but when I priced them I was blown away at the cost. That and the potential "car seat" we will be having in our future (worried about safety), I stumbled upon the Renegade.

I guess the questions I have for this knowledgable forum are for those that drive the manual. I really miss having a stick, but it seems like only the lower end models come with a manual. Nothing would make me happier than having a Trailhawk with the manual transmission.

So, for those that loaded up your manual transmission Renegades, what did you guys get, and how much did it end up settin ya back? Thanks!
IMO the goodies that are available with the manual are the best ones anyway: MySky (to give you that Wrangler convertible feeling) in either powered or manual flavors, the biggest touchscreen w/ Nav and satellite, and for me the cold weather package with the heated steering wheel (does you no good but its nice up here haha)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.