Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm guessing from what I've read that the home link remote garage door opener is not available as an option on the Renegade. Seems like it would be a good idea since you might be parking it with the roof panels removed and someone could just reach in to take your garage remote.

·
Premium Member
916 Posts
I agree. I just may try a DIY like this.

TS

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hi,
Pretty sure I saw a Renegade, either Limited or Trailhawk, with what looked like Home Link buttons between the overhead map lights. I was looking at photos on a dealer website. My Latitude doesn't have it and I haven't seen it in the Renegade sales literature, so maybe it was dealer installed.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I was kinda bummed the auto dim review was not an option...and only available on Limited.
I never had before, until my Patriot...and truthfully I love that...with all the bright headlights cars have nowadays.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I too wish the Renegade had the Homelink system as an option or maybe as a "standard" item like most other vehicles have. An aftermarket homelink device is a lot of $$$$$. Much cheaper to just use the garage door opener:):)

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
. . . Much cheaper to just use the garage door opener
That's what I do. I don't need an opener integrated into the car.

Today's garage door openers are small and don't weigh down the visor. I used to keep my 30 year old, very large opener clipped to the floor mat and pressed the button there (just got two new doors & openers).

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'm guessing from what I've read that the home link remote garage door opener is not available as an option on the Renegade. Seems like it would be a good idea since you might be parking it with the roof panels removed and someone could just reach in to take your garage remote.
Only Jeep not on the Homelink website is the Renegade. What's the deal? Is that because it is not really a Jeep but a Fiat in disguise? Well! after researching all possibilities and most were either ugly interfaces or very bulky, the problem was solved by installation of MyQ Garage door opener. Cost me $20 on Amazon and about 30 minutes to install and program. Now I have gotten rid of all those ugly openers from all my cars and just operate the door on my phone which I carry everywhere anyway. It takes a few seconds to open so I operate it when I am approaching the house so that it will be opening as I pull into the driveway. Problem solved. I didnt want to start cutting up the interior to install a clunky piece of hardware and cause more problems. Plus the interface costs over a 150 bucks!!

·
Registered
36 Posts
That's what I do. I don't need an opener integrated into the car.

Today's garage door openers are small and don't weigh down the visor. I used to keep my 30 year old, very large opener clipped to the floor mat and pressed the button there (just got two new doors & openers).
I tried those mini remotes from Amazon. Mixed bag of success. Programming those little ones are hit and miss. I gave up cos by the time I programmed 3 buttons the 1st would stop working. My recommendation is go with MyQ. About the price of that Mini opener and more reliable. Works with your phone so you dont have to carry different remotes for different cars. Best thing is I can open and close garage door remotely. I even installed a camera to monitor delivery of shipments from Amazon or Chewy etc.

·
Premium Member
3,262 Posts
Many years ago I knew a person that simply aimed the remote control that they kept in the car and it opened the garage doors.

Is that so hard to use nowadays? It worked then and it will most certainly work now. Why the need to overly complicate?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Many years ago I knew a person that simply aimed the remote control that they kept in the car and it opened the garage doors.

Is that so hard to use nowadays? It worked then and it will most certainly work now. Why the need to overly complicate?
There is really nothing wrong with using the remotes. Its just that I hate carrying 4 clunky remotes in each car as I dont know which garage I will be using. A wireless garage door monitor works great. My phone will replace all the remotes (16 remotes in total) and I always have my phone on me. In the worst case scenario if I ever forget my phone, my wife's phone will work. In any case I can always use the door key pad as the last resort.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.