Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Installed mine today, got it on eBay for $30, looks OEM, didn't want to spend over $120 for the mopar sticker, haha. I even had to remove the windshield wiper nozzles and cut out holes for them, as the vinyl did not come with holes for the washer nozzles, and I prefer it that way, because now it looks very clean with no paint showing around the nozzles.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Was it easy to install? It really looks nice.
No, not really that easy... it would have been way easier to install with 2 people. The hardest part was peeling the vinyl off the sheet and spraying it with soapy water and making sure it didn't touch itself, all by myself with a decal that came out of a tube, so it was rolled up at first and didn't want to get straight. Also lining it up on the hood so that it was perfectly straight was challenging, you have to get a ton of soapy water on the car and backside of the deal for it to be able to be positioned and it would stick after about 5 seconds, so I kept having to take it off and reapply soapy water until I landed the deal right where it should be. Taking the washer nozzles out was pretty easy. Jeep has made some interesting easy to use clips that holds the flame retardant material to the backside of the hood, and I was grateful for that. Cutting the holes for the washer nozzles was also easy, just used an exact blade and cut from the underside of the hood.

Reactions: dgr401

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the install info. Once again, nice job it looks great.
You are welcome! And thank you! Also when lining it up I didn't measure anything, I just moved it around on the hood until it looked perfectly straight - because perception is reality! LOL

Reactions: dgr401
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.