Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
My renegade isn't in yet but putting on the hood decal is probably going to be the first thing that I do. After washing the car make sure you don't put too much pressure around the edges when drying because that could make the edges peel over time and don't wax over the decal. Other than that a UV guard would help prevent it from fading.

·
Registered
2015 Trailhawk
949 Posts
I went over my TH factory decal with the same stuff I use on the paint AND plastic: Armor All Extreme Shield Wax.

This product is not a "wax" at all. Just forget about that white powdery residue of yore. This stuff goes on and wipes off without drying or hazing. It keeps the plastic and decal black. I've used it on the all the plastic/rubber around the windows (even on the windows), on the mirror housings, grill, head and tail lights, tow hooks, roof rails, wheels... just about everything except the tires.

Now, I can't say how long it will last since I've only had my car a little over a month, but it has already proved to be working better than the 303 UV protectant.

The Extreme Shield Wax does not streak in the rain and has kept everything looking clean/black for weeks now.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Sorry, I can't help. I don't like "stickers" on my cars and peeled off my hood decal.

·
Premium Member
916 Posts
My renegade isn't in yet but putting on the hood decal is probably going to be the first thing that I do. After washing the car make sure you don't put too much pressure around the edges when drying because that could make the edges peel over time and don't wax over the decal. Other than that a UV guard would help prevent it from fading.
With that in mind, is it safe to go through a car wash (be automatic or hand type) that sometimes applies waxes if you have a hood decal?

TS

·
Registered
2015 Trailhawk
949 Posts
With that in mind, is it safe to go through a car wash (be automatic or hand type) that sometimes applies waxes if you have a hood decal?

TS
I think it is just the paste waxes that need to be avoided. The term "wax" is way overused. Very few of today's post-wash toppings have anything to do with wax.

·
Registered
364 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
I waxed ours on our Trailhawk with a new wax I just got. It is called DP Max Wax and it doesn't leave any white residue on the black trim or the vinyl sticker. It is a little pricey, but it is the best wax I have ever used. Here's a link to where I got it, http://www.autogeek.net/carnauba-car-wax.html

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.