Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I went to install the hood vinyl and I was rushing plus it was warm and I didn't use enough soapy water the vinyl bubbled and stretched incorrectly. $40 down the drain lol. when you do it take your time and use a lot of soapy water for ease of installation. Also if you can at all avoid it park out of direct sunlight as I believe the soapy water was evaporating too fast. Guess I'll try again next week when the replacement gets here.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Sorry! I would have been upset if that happened to mine. I did mine in the garage and made sure the hood was cool. I also used some blue dawn dish detergent diluted with water in a spray bottle. I sprayed the heck out of it, and it worked great.

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry! I would have been upset if that happened to mine. I did mine in the garage and made sure the hood was cool. I also used some blue dawn dish detergent diluted with water in a spray bottle. I sprayed the heck out of it, and it worked great.
Ya that's what I'll be doing this time and using blue painters tape to position since I'm doing it by myself.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.