Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a black interior. I often put my arm on the door mounted armrest. I have noticed that it starts to look pretty dirty. I don't know why they made this out of material instead of vinyl since it is harder to keep clean. Same for the center armrest.

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Mine is padded vinyl on the arm rests. Higher up is hard plastic. Should be easy to keep clean.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I also have a hard vinyl, although it seems to pick up oils from my skin, I use Mequiers wipes to keep it clean.....I have the Limited with leather seats.....

·
Registered
21 Posts
Let me guess, cloth interior? When I test drove a lattitude that was the first thing I noticed, the cloth on the door and console armrests was already dirty and I couldn't wipe it clean. Plus it seemed like it was a loose fitting material with a low "thread count" if that makes any sense? That pretty much sealed the deal for me purchasing my trail hawk! Even with the cloth seats (which I really like), the door and center armrests are the vinyl material. I think I would visit an upholstery shop and get them recovered in vinyl, I bet it is cheaper than you might think.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Let me guess, cloth interior? When I test drove a lattitude that was the first thing I noticed, the cloth on the door and console armrests was already dirty and I couldn't wipe it clean. Plus it seemed like it was a loose fitting material with a low "thread count" if that makes any sense? That pretty much sealed the deal for me purchasing my trail hawk! Even with the cloth seats (which I really like), the door and center armrests are the vinyl material. I think I would visit an upholstery shop and get them recovered in vinyl, I bet it is cheaper than you might think.
You are correct. However I could not see going for the Trailhawk as the Latitude meets 99.9 % of my needs. Also the leather in the Limited made no sense to me for this type of vehicle. You would think it would be cheaper for FCA to make a vinyl armrest standard across the line.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Also deciding between

Meguiar's Quik Interior Detailer Cleaner and Surf City Garage Dash Away Interior spray. Anyone have experience with either

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
190 Posts
I have used Meguiar's, quick interior and exterior detailer's for several years. They keep
your vehicle clean and I rarely need to wash my cars. I also use micro-fiber cleaning towels
to wipe the detailer off. The towels aren't hard on the paint

Those detailers aren't good for fabric material. I use a spot remover for cleaning fabric.

Clifton

·
Registered
221 Posts
I have used Meguiar's, quick interior and exterior detailer's for several years. They keep
your vehicle clean and I rarely need to wash my cars. I also use micro-fiber cleaning towels
to wipe the detailer off. The towels aren't hard on the paint

Those detailers aren't good for fabric material. I use a spot remover for cleaning fabric.

Clifton

Thanks. I have the limited with leather so really no fabric to speak of

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
78 Posts
What a great question. I am a clean freak, and it seems like those seats attract dirt. I may get some seat covers. I keep a detailing cloth in my center console for dusting and premoistened wipes for car interiors. For the seats, I have been wetting a face cloth and gently rubbing the seats. Let me know if you think of anything better!

·
Registered
1 Posts
so to get back to the original post any tips on this? I too have the black cloth interior. Searching for an answer to this question is how I found this forum.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts