Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Jeep Renegade, Latitude, 2.4L 4x4, black, 9 speed automatic, MySky
561 Posts
Is there a secret way to open the hatch? 2015 Renegade
Some models have a hidden button under a blank button on the key fob. Some do, but my 2015 doesn’t. I figured it doesn’t really matter since it isn’t a self lifting one anyways and you would have to press a button to open the trunk either way, on the key or on the trunk itself.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Is there a secret way to open the hatch? 2015 Renegade
By "open the hatch," do you mean popping it open so that the liftgate unlatches and/or physically lifts up by itself?

Doubt that was ever possible, because of the risk of accidentally opening the liftgate while driving.

With my 2021 Trailhawk, the liftgate will unlock (you can hear the mechanism run) when you approach the rear with the remote key fob on you (just like with the doors). But you still have to reach down and pull on the latch handle to unlatch the liftgate...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
By "open the hatch," do you mean popping it open so that the liftgate unlatches and/or physically lifts up by itself?

Doubt that was ever possible, because of the risk of accidentally opening the liftgate while driving.

With my 2021 Trailhawk, the liftgate will unlock (you can hear the mechanism run) when you approach the rear with the remote key fob on you (just like with the doors). But you still have to reach down and pull on the latch handle to unlatch the liftgate...
Actu
Some models have a hidden button under a blank button on the key fob. Some do, but my 2015 doesn’t. I figured it doesn’t really matter since it isn’t electronically actuated anyways and you would have to press a button to open the trunk either way, on the key or on the trunk itself.
Ok thanks the only way my opens is by physically pushing the button underneath the hatch, I was hoping there was a way to do it remotely

·
Registered
582 Posts
There is a way to do it remotely. You have to pop open the key fob and remove a couple plastic posts from under the button. Did it on my 2015 and it worked. There's a thread detailing this:

·
Registered
2018 Renegade Longitude M-Jet1.6 diesel manual
18 Posts
There are 2 different keys for renegades, one has the secret button, the other doesn't.

View attachment 2396352678
This one has it

View attachment 2396352679
This one does not
The UK key fob for our Renegade is different to both of those and the button is not so secret!! 2 pushes in quick succession to open the 'boot'..

In the Uk its really only elephants that have trunks or old ladies going on long ocean voyages on Miss Marple lol...

Gadget Font Material property Audio equipment Technology

·
Registered
2015 Jeep Renegade, Latitude, 2.4L 4x4, black, 9 speed automatic, MySky
561 Posts
The UK key fob for our Renegade is different to both of those and the button is not so secret!! 2 pushes in quick succession to open the 'boot'..

In the Uk its really only elephants that have trunks or old ladies going on long ocean voyages on Miss Marple lol...

View attachment 2396352680
Wow! Interesting that they include the button for the UK market. As far as I know, the US market version has the button, but without a label and an insert you must remove within the key in order for the button to work normally.

·
Registered
3 Posts
On my old Ford Mondeo ( fusion in the USA ) a forum member fitted springs over the tailgate gas struts covering the silver section, so when you pop the latch it automatically lifted - could be done on a renegade or any hatch- just makes it a bit stiffer to close down.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.