Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a patient man. My (now ex) wife always said I have more patience than Job himself. I just ordered my Renegade yesterday.... But for some reason with this, I don't want to wait! I really want it now and with my dealer insisting it will be only 6 weeks (when I am pretty sure it's going to be 3-4 months) is kind of torturous.

:laugh:

So what has everyone done to make the time pass easier? What was your coping mechanism?

·
Registered
471 Posts
LOL..... You survive..... After aging a lil more, turning a lil more gray, losing a lil more hair (mainly from pulling it out), going bonkers, and Learning a great deal of needed information from reading the Forum in the meantime!! If you have more patience than Job, maybe this is God's way of teaching you even more! LOL Word to the wise......Planning on 4+ months will save on your sanity! Good luck!

·
Registered
187 Posts
I am a patient man. My (now ex) wife always said I have more patience than Job himself. I just ordered my Renegade yesterday.... But for some reason with this, I don't want to wait! I really want it now and with my dealer insisting it will be only 6 weeks (when I am pretty sure it's going to be 3-4 months) is kind of torturous.

So what has everyone done to make the time pass easier? What was your coping mechanism?
I read every single thing on this forum! Keeps me excited. The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly. Everyone talks about (my) Renegade every single Day. Keeps me Happy!

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I read every single thing on this forum! Keeps me excited. The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly. Everyone talks about (my) Renegade every single Day. Keeps me Happy!
I like this. And I am already doing this.

But it is like skyping or texting a lover who is many miles away with whom you cannot be near. Talking to; talking about; watching her on your screen; teasing you; bringing you to the point of torture as you know it is impossible to be with her.

The heart grows fonder; the desire and lust for closeness builds; the aching to touch her, to be with her, to drive her, to show her to all the world and let them know she is yours and you are hers. But alas, cruel fate is keeping us apart. For I pray my heart and soul and mind can withstand the many passings of the moon until we may be joined side by side.

Hmmmm... apparently, I'm feeling a little poetic today.

·
Registered
2015 Trailhawk
404 Posts
I can't imagine ordering one and having to wait. I just went out and bought the darned thing! Based on my ownership experience, though, it would be well worth the wait.

·
Registered
187 Posts

But it is like skyping or texting a lover who is many miles away with whom you cannot be near. Talking to; talking about; watching her on your screen; teasing you; bringing you to the point of torture as you know it is impossible to be with her.

The heart grows fonder; the desire and lust for closeness builds; the aching to touch her, to be with her, to drive her, to show her to all the world and let them know she is yours and you are hers. But alas, cruel fate is keeping us apart. For I pray my heart and soul and mind can withstand the many passings of the moon until we may be joined side by side.

OMG Stop my heart! That was AWESOME! You GO MAN GO!!!

Reactions: R3N3GAD3

·
Registered
35 Posts

My plan is to order accessories...and to memorize the manuals. When it finally arrives I don't want to be staring at it trying to figure out how to change the clock. I want to DRIVE!! :)

Reactions: Ronda and R3N3GAD3

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
How did I survive the waiting?

Well, I purchased my Trailhawk off the lot (first Trailhawk to arrive at my local dealer).

But I ordered my last two Dodge Challengers (one in August 2008 and the second in July 2014). What I did (other than bug the sales guy about the status) was to look at as many on-line videos that I could find to satisfy (& intensify) my desire for the car. I too read the on-line version of the owner's manual long before my car arrived.

All in all, the time will pass faster than you think at any one given moment. Once you get the car you will appreciate it all the more.

Good luck, the car will be here before you know it. :D

Reactions: Ronda and R3N3GAD3

·
Registered
196 Posts
I am with you - ordered mine back in May and being told end of Sept......hopefully.
Have already bought dog guard, rubber mat for the trunk and considering step bars - even before its arrived.

I see a Renegade going the other way to work every morning and can't wait to flash my lights at him saying I have joined your club mate
love it like your preparing for a baby to arrive lmaoooo

·
Premium Member
916 Posts

Note to admins..
We need to create and open that "Official Coping with Renegade Orders Therapy" sub-form, pronto.

>:D

All joking aside, the time will be here before you know it. But I agree its a bit stressful in waiting.

TS

Reactions: R3N3GAD3 and Ronda

·
Registered
76 Posts
Things we have been doing to pass the time:

1) Imagine where it is, what it is doing, etc.
2) Plan your first adventure in it... we are so far debating water park or race track
3) Work extra to make more money to put a larger down payment and forget about it while stressing out at work
4) Spot other locals driving them and imagine how theirs beat yours in from Italy
5) Join RA (Renegades Anonymous) and follow the twelve step program to being a Renegade owner

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
Ordered mine on 20th August and it is sat the dealership today, 4th September. I will be picking it up on 11th September. I'm rather lucky with a short wait. I really feel for you guys and gals with a looooong wait.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I passed the time by reading essays by Emerson, poems by Byron, checking this forum & jeepgarage several times a day, the jeeprenegade subreddit, tracking various auto roro cargo ships, reading up on roro specifications, researching the history of auto shipping, reading press releases about deals between Fiat & their shippers, reading the history & current events related to various ports, drinking beer and staring at the sunset daydreaming about driving the Renegade over sand dunes, muddy trails, and climbing rocks the size of medium dogs.

Then reading on how the Tigershark engine was developed, ZF's transmission development history, specs on all of the vehicles they've made transmissions for, looking into the new Wrangler diesel engines, translating Italian news articles about the Melfi plant, reading various Wikipedia articles on the key executives at Fiat, and having a beer while staring at the sunset and daydreaming about taking the Renegade to the Sonora desert and Colorado rockies.

Then talking to my cats about how they shouldn't climb on new vehicles straight off, wait until they're broken in, reading everything I can about how to properly breakin a new engine, reading articles about how breaking in new motors isn't necessary, reading counter-counter arguments about how those articles are all wrong, reading about little problems related to whistling noises in doors and where wiring harnesses should and shouldn't be, how to properly apply sealant to a new car's paint, reading about the challenges of lifting a vehicle with independent suspension, researching problems people have had with warranties when they've over modified their vehicles, and having a beer while staring at the sunset and daydreaming about shipping the Renegade temporarily to Italy for a vacation someday so it can visit its birthhome.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I can't believe you idiots (moderator: I mean idiots in a nice way), have me reading the owners manual from cover to cover while I wait. Actually after reading about half of it
last night I am not surprised that there are not more problems with the renegade, you have to be a rocket scientist to understand all the do and donts. Seriously it says to read the owners manual before driving the vehicle. Does that mean sitting in the drivers seat in the dealers lot before stepping on the break then pushing the start button for the first time. After I finish the owners manual then I guess I'm reading the u connect manual., then to the poetry, then maybe learn some Italian or swahili while I wait for my trailhawk.........

brake not break

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.