Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just trying to get an idea of how long you have owned the jeep and how many miles? I bought my TH in April and have about 8000 miles. Still loving it... Andd GO!

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
I drove mine home on April 6th, 2015. I have nearly 3,000 miles on mine but don't use it as much in the summer since I use the motorbike much more. And I drive my other car too (the Challenger).

Come winter I'll put many more miles on it. :D

Reactions: Rado Red

·
Registered
2015 Trailhawk
404 Posts
I've had my Trailhawk since the end of June, and I have roughly 3300 miles on it. Loving every minute of it!

Reactions: Rado Red

·
Registered
73 Posts
Just trying to get an idea of how long you have owned the jeep and how many miles? I bought my TH in April and have about 8000 miles. Still loving it... Andd GO!
Picked up my Renegade on May 28th, hit 2300 miles today. LOVE LOVE LOVE my Renegade.

:laugh:

·
Registered
34 Posts
7,500 miles and counting

OK . . . been meaning to write this for a while, and now here's the perfect thread in which to do so. Plus, I just had my second oil change at the dealer, along with getting the four available control module updates (took three hours). We'll see if they make any difference. So here's my report:

Got my TrailHawk last April, currently have 7,500 miles on it. That's among the highest mileage I've seen in this forum. I took a 6,000 mile trip across the country this summer. Only saw two other Renegades. No major problems, a few annoyances. In general I am very happy that I bought the TrailHawk. Particular details follow.

The gas mileage started out pretty decent, after resetting from the strange factory 30+ default, to around 25 mpg, before the cross-country trip. The trip dropped the averages down to around 22, but the Jeep was loaded with a full roof rack and plenty of camping gear inside, and traveling at 75+ mph with huge winds! Unfortunately my averages have not improved since being home in stop and go conditions. I was hoping for better, perhaps the updates will help.

I had a major problem with the A/C in Eastern WA. Ambient temp' was above 100 degrees, and the A/C could not cope. Took it to the dealer there and they could not find a leak, but said the refrigerant level was 3/4's empty when I brought it in! They filled it, pressure-tested it, and it's been fine since.

Many people on this forum have reported problems with the ZF nine-speed. I had a few 'peculiarities,' particularly under hard acceleration and/or manual override operations, but nothing serious. Again, the software updates may help.

Other issues included problems with the SiriusXM radio. It became garbled, both the display and the audio. Restarting the Jeep solved that issue, but it reoccurred a few other times. Once, more, the updates should help. And finally, I had the also-reported fuel nozzle insert problem a few times. Just realigning the nozzle and trying again always did the job.

As stated above, overall I think it's a great little vehicle, the most capable rig out there that offers true low-range 4WD with 20+ mpg!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.