Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
I bought the Opening edition for one simple reason, I could pick it up in only 14 days,...

And of course for only € 1000,00 extra you got a lot of accessoires,..

·
Super Moderator
3,643 Posts
And how many Opening Editions are available ? The dealer told me there were only 65 available in the Benelux. Or is this just a tric to sell more ?
Nope, I believe they are limited. I suspect it was a pre-fab package with incentive discounts on optional equipment so dealers could order stock to have on had for people to buy quickly.

given 2013 sales for jeep patriot in the EU was 15, and compass was 6,572 I doubt they'd pre-order too many for fear of being drastically over-optimistic.

BTW, july-septmeber sales for renegade (I'm assuming dealer orders given the dates), were 460. More than the compass and patriot combined, but nothing huge, so there aren't a lot out there period given that those ordered probably jsut started delivery in the last two weeks.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I didn't go for the Opening Ed because here in Belgium at least there is very poor choice of extras you can have (visibility package on top), and the orange accents inside didn't really get my love.
No issues on availability though...

·
Registered
92 Posts
I missed out on the opportunity to pick up one of the 4-5 Opening Editions which had been allocated to this part of SE Europe. However, I was able to order one which will arrive in about 8 weeks.

I decided on the OE simply due to the fact that it contained virtually all of tke options I was after and came in a lot cheaper than ordering the options one-by-one.

57 days and waiting!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Getting an opening edition is also a great opportunity to get a renegade that would hold it's value a bit better and one which can sell for higher because it's a special edition.
Sorry if this made you feel worse about it :D

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thats good to hear. Maybe you need to see them in real life in order to fully get them. I am just judging from pictures. When did you get to see an OE in person?

·
Registered
318 Posts
Thats good to hear. Maybe you need to see them in real life in order to fully get them. I am just judging from pictures. When did you get to see an OE in person?
I see it every single day since 05.Nov.2014 when i hop in my Renegade:):x:D>:D;)

And you will love that car and the splashes in the Dash tooooo ... if you only could ... :D:D:D

·
Registered
64 Posts
Actually, when you see the OE in real life, the orange accents are tastefully done and not overdone.
Even through these pictures they look tastefully done, great picture too, it helps that it's high quality.

Only thing i could ask for next is to see it availble in different colors but that may be asking for too much.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.