Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Doing a poll to see how many folks in USA have the 6.5 radio system in their Jeep Renegades and who does/does not have YELP app activated. So far I know of (2) owners who dont have Yelp. YELP is supposed to be part of the Uconnect Advantage pkg with 1yr free trial. Anyone have the mobile apps(Iheart, Pandora, Aha, etc) embedded in their system? Uconnect folks state the Renegade's radio system is not compatible with these apps. Uconnect tech reps state mobile apps will work and others saying it wont....I still dont know what to believe yet.

Thanks so much everyone for your help:ReneBlueWave:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hello, I've read your troubles and I dont know how to help other than yes we have the 6.5 with the 9 speaker sub too. So far it's been great though I have no idea about yelp or even what it does. We're just happy to have it paired with our I6 phone. We're near South Bend in Mishawaka In. Thanks Norm

Attachments

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello Norm-- Yelp is an app that should be part of your advantage package with Uconnect services. When you push the MORE button on your radio system, then you will see the "apps icon". Touch that and it will open your apps main page. Look and see under "all apps" to see if Yelp is there plus you will also see Uconnect Store, settings, wi-fi, etc. I think all the 6.5 systems may have a software glitch and I am trying to see who all this affects so I can then get back with Jeep folks to fix the problem for all of us.
Thanks so much

·
Registered
52 Posts
Doing a poll to see how many folks in USA have the 6.5 radio system in their Jeep Renegades and who does/does not have YELP app activated. So far I know of (2) owners who dont have Yelp. YELP is supposed to be part of the Uconnect Advantage pkg with 1yr free trial. Anyone have the mobile apps(Iheart, Pandora, Aha, etc) embedded in their system? Uconnect folks state the Renegade's radio system is not compatible with these apps. Uconnect tech reps state mobile apps will work and others saying it wont....I still dont know what to believe yet.

Thanks so much everyone for your help:ReneBlueWave:
I just checked and Yelp is installed and operating on my 6.5 radio. I think I also have Pandora when I have my phone connected to the bluetooth.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Just finished doing a Hard Factory Reset with the U-Connect support and

again No Yelp App. :eek:

U-connect people are baffled! :(

Waiting for another response from them.

Please if you are having problems call them 1-877-855-8400
between 7AM and midnight.

PS Software version 15.04.31

Also, do not have the mobile apps (Iheart, Pandora, Aha, etc)

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I figured the hard reset would not fix the problem. Same exact situation as me and I have done 5 hard or factory resets, about 3 soft resets, 5+hrs of phone time withd Uconnect Access reps, 1 trip to dealer who are clueless and dont know what to do next, to deactivating/reactivating/deactivating/reactivating my Uconnect account, etc... Several Uconnect folks told me they resent Yelp data thru system and my 3g built in cell chip will pick-up data and load Yelp app--- that did not work either and they sent the data like 3 times swearing it should fix the problem and I should have Yelp app on my 6.5 system. Its almost like they think I am lying or something. LOL

Since we all seem to have the same software (15.04.31) then its got to be hardware issue.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.