Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK is only been a few weeks since I ordered my Renegade Limited and I have a VON#, but that's all so far. How often is too often to check-in with the dealer for progress reports/updates etc.?:nerd:

Thanks

·
Registered
56 Posts
My salesman emails me every Monday with my status. He does this with all his factory orders. I watched him do it at his desk, it only takes a few seconds. Granted, your status will not change often. But it feels 'good' to not be forgotten. Once you get a VIN, you can get better tracking, I have seen that in this forum in several places. Do a search. For me, I am still a long ways off even for the VIN.

I want my shinny new toy.
Ordered in mid Oct - Trailhawk w/ lots of toys. Including Beats Premium Audio, which after reading here, will sadly get yanked and replaced with real speakers immediately. Sad I paid for premium audio only to likely get no mid-range. Only time can confirm.

·
Registered
83 Posts
How often is too often to check-in with the dealer for progress reports/updates etc.?:nerd:

My dealer did not give me regular updates after I got my VON. I stopped in at two week intervals, depending on the status (some are 12 days at station, so I waited longer to make sure I got a good update). I think some updates only occur on Mondays or Tuesdays. In the end my vehicle was coming in around now (end Oct, beginning Nov. I ordered it in May) so I found a similar vehicle nearby and got that one right away (colour was the only difference).

·
Registered
246 Posts
I got my VON a couple days after ordering. I messaged my Dealer every week to 10 days until I got my VIN. I finally got my VIN 5 weeks after ordering.

You get your VIN when they are actually building the vehicle. The time between ordering and when you get your VIN, they are collecting parts and making sure they have everything (or at least most everything) prior to building.

As soon as I got my VIN, I tracked it and it was stating "it was built, but awaiting installation of equipment" and then gave me an estimated delivery date (4 mo mark - which is typical this early in the order process).

So basically, it will take some time to get your VIN. I would say don't pester your dealer more than once a week. But go by what they say. If they say "you'll have it in 2 days," then call back in 2 days. That's what happened to me - my salesguy was ill-informed and assumed a much faster turnaround than what it is - so I called/texted him whenever he said to call him back no matter how optimistic and unrealistic he was.

:)

Good luck and welcome to the waiting game!

·
Registered
54 Posts
I don't bother my dealership. I just contact Jeep through www.jeep.com/jeepcares to find out what is going on.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
While I don't have a tool available to track an order by VON, I can do so once you receive your VIN if you would like to reach out to me through here.
Thanks, my dealer surprised me with a text on the status, last Friday. Still waiting on a vin, basically no update from the factory yet. I'm hoping i'm on his weekly to do checklist. time will tell.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.