Jeep Renegade Forum banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
From the lower part of the crosshatch section to the top is one quart. The proper way to check oil in these engines is fully warmed up and wait 5 minutes before checking.

Yup. And it was towards the lower with semi trails to the middle. Filled it with .75-1 qt and it is now resting exactly in the middle of the crosshatch. Curious in 1.5 k should i be burning half a qt like that

·
Registered
296 Posts
roxakin;903sounds possible said:
Yup. And it was towards the lower with semi trails to the middle. Filled it with .75-1 qt and it is now resting exactly in the middle of the crosshatch. Curious in 1.5 k should i be burning half a qt like that

These engines tend to use some oil. Some not so much, some more than others. If the engine has been run dangerously low, it will probably always use some oil. That being said, if you think it's excessive, which sounds possible, I'd have the dealer do an oil consumption test. Maybe you can get a replacement under warranty.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
These engines tend to use some oil. Some not so much, some more than others. If the engine has been run dangerously low, it will probably always use some oil. That being said, if you think it's excessive, which sounds possible, I'd have the dealer do an oil consumption test. Maybe you can get a replacement under warranty.

Just called my local dealer and the dealer i purchased it from, both mopar, apprently with OW-20 oil, it uses about a qt per 2k miles so its within normal parameters.

·
Registered
1 Posts
oil consumpsion

Make sure you are following the owner's manual guidelines. The appropriate method for the 2.4 is to turn it off and check after like 5 or 10 minutes. Not on a cold engine.

In general markings of high and low usually represent a quart. I'll usually top up at half a quart down.
I have a 2019 renegade 2.4 , at 1048 miles ,I needed 1/2 qt. oil,my last jeep ended up getting a new long block at 29,000 mile , oil was excessive , went round and round with Chrysler and dealer fo 2 years, now my renegade is doing the same. ??????????????? Bill m.

·
Registered
675 Posts
I have a 2019 renegade 2.4 , at 1048 miles ,I needed 1/2 qt. oil,my last jeep ended up getting a new long block at 29,000 mile , oil was excessive , went round and round with Chrysler and dealer fo 2 years, now my renegade is doing the same. ??????????????? Bill m.
Code:
I'd give it 5000 miles to break in before I worried too much. All engines burn a bit of oil during break-in.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts