Jeep Renegade Forum banner

How strong is the unibody on the 22 Jeep Renegade Latitude 4x4 1.3?

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Marek K 
#1 ·
I just got my renegade about 4 months and I took it out to go fishing. There are a few spots where it flexes but nothing real bad. Today I noticed that my hatch closes evenly on one side but not well on the other. Could the weight of just a full tank of gas and a little off-roading bend this frame? Is there any way for me to check the frame?

#2 ·
Welcome!

What do you mean it doesn't close evenly on the other side?

We've had our 2021 Trailhawk out several time offroad here in the Colorado Rockies -- nothing too, extreme, but everything was definitely flexing. It's definitely made for that. (I guess when you've got a wheel up in the air, that means flexing. :) )

Never had a problem with the liftgate latching on both sides.

That is, no permanent problem. There have been several times when one side or the other didn't latch when we had a lot of camping equipment in the back, which the liftgate would hit when I tried to close it; but some rearranging and/or, um, assertive liftgate-closing fixed it.

On your fishing trips, have you ever had the cargo compartment really full, where the liftgate wouldn't latch by itself? Maybe the liftgate got distorted a bit...

I really doubt it's a body-structure issue...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.