Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Next to the USB and cig lighter charger point, right above the rubber map area where you can store items, theres a jeep grill and light symbol on what looks like should be a slide out ashtray, handy for pocket change etc. How on earth do you open it?

·
Registered
430 Posts
There is no ashtray, at least in the US market. To the left of the USB port is the 4wd selector switch. If you have a FWD model, the switch isn't there. Only way to get an "ashtray" is one that is cup shaped and fits in the cup holder.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I'd still love to be able to pull out the cover for where the switch would be if I had 4WD and put in a coin holder or something. I wonder if I could figure out the specs and 3D print it myself... hmmm...

·
Registered
364 Posts
Any suggestions for aftermarket ashtry/waste holder that DOESNT take up one of the two cup holders? This seems like a serious practical oversight by FCA.

·
Registered
364 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Now something like that's a possibility, and no I dont smoke, but where are you supposed to put things like drinking straw wrappers or bits of crumpled up paper, just tossing them on the floor doesn't seem like an appropriate response from a car maker in 2017.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.