Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know several members have changed their tail light and license plate bulbs for LEDs. Any tips on getting to those bulbs? I tried gaining access to the license bulbs, but I couldn't get the lenses/housings out -- I was pushing/sliding them to the side and then trying to pull down but they wouldn't budge.

· Registered
29 Posts
On the license plate lights, I found that my assembly didn't match what was in the manual, and that it really was easiest pushing on the tab from the outside not the inside, the inside part has 2 tiny plastic hinges which are easy to break off (found out the hard way) but the outside edge has a metal tab which you can push in and pop out the assembly. Hope this helps.

· Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is there a way for either of you to show me this tab. Looking at the lens housings from the outside, I don't see a tab. Just the clear lens surrounded by a black trim piece. I can slide the whole housing to the left about an 1/8 - 1/4 of an inch and then try to pull down, but it doesn't budge. I didn't want to pull any harder and risk breaking tabs, etc.

· Registered
29 Posts
Is there a way for either of you to show me this tab. Looking at the lens housings from the outside, I don't see a tab. Just the clear lens surrounded by a black trim piece. I can slide the whole housing to the left about an 1/8 - 1/4 of an inch and then try to pull down, but it doesn't budge. I didn't want to pull any harder and risk breaking tabs, etc.
I'll take a picture when I get home to show what I mean.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.