Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any way to turn off all outside lights? Im a big fan of drive in movies and I hope theres a way to turn them off while playing the radio

·
Registered
174 Posts
If you have keyless ignition, you should be able to just press the power button on the radio to turn it on without having per to anytime else. It may turn itself off after 20 minutes, but pissing the power button will turn it right back on.

·
Registered
66 Posts
If you have keyless ignition, you should be able to just press the power button on the radio to turn it on without having per to anytime else. It may turn itself off after 20 minutes, but pissing the power button will turn it right back on.
Thank you didn't know that,when I do errands like going into the bank I stop the engine then press the botton with out the brake pedel.So the wife can listen to the radio,it worked.:ReneBlueWave:

·
Registered
392 Posts
Wow, Drive-in movies !! They tried to bring one back near me, but living on the Texas Gulf Coast was too much for anyone....a result of the oppressive heat, rolling down your windows only allows easier access for the mosquitoes and leaving your vehicle running in one spot for 2-4 hours so you could have A/C is silly, costly and could be deadly.

When I lived on Long Island, Drive-ins made more sense. Not down here !!

·
Registered
40 Posts
If you want A/C flip your headlights knob from auto to off (O) then go into the uconnect hit settings scroll down to lights and uncheck the daytime running lights. That should take care of everything and just to be safe make sure the tires are straight. Those turning lights are like freakin high beams I swear lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OMG Im gonna try this for sure! I really could use AC without lights in a couple situation. I hope this works
Vincent

If you want A/C flip your headlights knob from auto to off (O) then go into the uconnect hit settings scroll down to lights and uncheck the daytime running lights. That should take care of everything and just to be safe make sure the tires are straight. Those turning lights are like freakin high beams I swear lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
3,353 Posts
OMG Im gonna try this for sure! I really could use AC without lights in a couple situation. I hope this works
Vincent
You can make the vehicle run pretty dark. It's the first new car I had been in in a while that was able to comply with the local astronomy club rules for approaching their big telescope without being a jerk. (well without modification anyway)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mmmm theres no option in my 2018 trailhawk uconnect menu to turn off daytime lights.. maybe there was in previous version though but not mine unfortunatly :(

·
Registered
289 Posts
Mmmm theres no option in my 2018 trailhawk uconnect menu to turn off daytime lights.. maybe there was in previous version though but not mine unfortunatly :(
There is no option in Canada since DRL's are mandatory. You can't turn them off.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Last weekend I finally went to drive-in movie and it went great. I had to hit the volume button every 20min but it wasnt that annoying.

What I didnt expected was that even though I could turn off the display, there was some kind of backlight glow from the screen. It got to a point when it got really dark that it would blind me. I had to fold a piece of paper into place to cover the screen. I improvised with a flyer about the drive in restaurant hehe, and it was a great night :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
What about a portable FM radio, there are some pretty nice ones out there, I bought one with Bluetooth, USB rechargeable all that, it works great for outdoor parties too.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts