Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So in my renegade, the air flow from the outer vents (drivers side, passenger side) work great, but the center ones (goggles) have a very low air flow. Does any one else have this issue?

· Registered
112 Posts
I've got the same issue, but it isn't consistent. My center vents worked great for a while, but the past few days there was very little airflow coming out. I tried to change the directional settings (floor, defrost, combo, recirculate, etc) and fan speed, but it didn't seem to matter. Then just when I decided to make a note about it for my first service call, the center vents started blowing hard again. I think there must be a diverter that is getting stuck. I'll be paying more attention to it to see if there is a pattern. It isn't a problem now, but in the summer I'll need all the airflow I can get in South Texas!

· Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've got the same issue, but it isn't consistent. My center vents worked great for a while, but the past few days there was very little airflow coming out. I tried to change the directional settings (floor, defrost, combo, recirculate, etc) and fan speed, but it didn't seem to matter. Then just when I decided to make a note about it for my first service call, the center vents started blowing hard again. I think there must be a diverter that is getting stuck. I'll be paying more attention to it to see if there is a pattern. It isn't a problem now, but in the summer I'll need all the airflow I can get in South Texas!
I live in NY myself, and winter is about to hit hard. Maybe I'll have it looked at when I have the time.

· Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
***Update: I just went out to play around with it a little bit. So here's what I'm finding... The center vents definitely work, just the air flow is lighter. If I close the side vents then the center vents are much stronger than they normally are, I think just more of the air is being diverted to the outer vents. I'm wondering if there is a possible chance this was done deliberately. The positioning of the center vents is a few inches higher than the ones towards the side, so maybe they set it so the air would be weaker for the higher vents to prevent it from being uncomfortable on the face? I don't know... it seems like too extreme of a difference for it to have been done on purpose. With all that said, since the outer vents are really strong, and the inner vents are fairly weak the car is still getting the appropriate amount of ventilation and still get's plenty warm (or cold) so it's really not a problem. Maybe I'll just ask them to have a look when I go in for my first oil change, which wont be for another 2 thousand miles almost. Again not a big deal at all. In the grand scheme of things, I'm still very much in love with this car. I'm just curious, is everyone having this "problem"? because if it's all of us, then it's obviously on purpose.

· Registered
34 Posts
Noticed the same thing in mine: low air flow through the center vents, even with max fan speed on every setting. Only issue I've had so far. I've never felt a decent breeze through them, intermittent or otherwise, so the diverter must be stuck, I do not think it is by design. I'll ask the dealer to resolve this at my first free oil change.

· Registered
34 Posts
***Update: I just went out to play around with it a little bit. So here's what I'm finding... The center vents definitely work, just the air flow is lighter. If I close the side vents then the center vents are much stronger than they normally are, I think just more of the air is being diverted to the outer vents. I'm wondering if there is a possible chance this was done deliberately. The positioning of the center vents is a few inches higher than the ones towards the side, so maybe they set it so the air would be weaker for the higher vents to prevent it from being uncomfortable on the face? I don't know... it seems like too extreme of a difference for it to have been done on purpose. With all that said, since the outer vents are really strong, and the inner vents are fairly weak the car is still getting the appropriate amount of ventilation and still get's plenty warm (or cold) so it's really not a problem. Maybe I'll just ask them to have a look when I go in for my first oil change, which wont be for another 2 thousand miles almost. Again not a big deal at all. In the grand scheme of things, I'm still very much in love with this car. I'm just curious, is everyone having this "problem"? because if it's all of us, then it's obviously on purpose.

There should be a balanced air flow from all the vents when they are all open, at least that's the way it worked in all the other vehicles I've owned. I think I read somewhere that those center vents are positioned to provide some air flow towards the rear seat passenger area as well. Plus I see no other ventilation directed towards the back through the doors or under the seats. It must be a diverter hanging up somewhere, but I'll leave it to the dealer to resolve.

· Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
***update 2

I'm noticing the issue is much less of an issue (though still there) when I set the air to only flow through the upper vents instead of also towards the feet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.