Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really wanted a Lattitude with the manual transmission. But the new car bug bit me hard when I saw this silver (glacier metallic) Trailhawk in the showroom. I figured if I had to get an automatic, it would be the Trailhawk.

I really liked the silver with the black and dark gray bits that come with the Trailhawk. With just a teeny bit of red (hooks, badge border), it looks sharp.

What really swayed me was when I drove the Fiat 500L with the 1.4T manual. It shifted beautifully but didn't have quite the zip I expected. The 2.4 auto feels like it has more pep.

Mine has the 5.0 radio with the 9-speaker system, popular equipment group, safety & security group, passive entry, and hood decal. I could do without the hood decal and will likely remove it.

I pick it up on Monday. :D

The 2009 Challenger will be sacrificed for the new car. Somebody will get a really nice Challenger with only 50,000 miles.

Reactions: Bionic and Sarapdot

·
Registered
55 Posts
Post some pics when you get a chance, please. Been thinking of that color or the red.

A big dealer around here got in four Renegades this week. They are all Latitudes, but they have the 2.4 engine so I'm going tomorrow to look. I think they got a red and the silver so it will help me decide which color I want to go with.

How's the visibility? That's my main concern.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I pick up the car on Monday and I will take some pictures.

I had no problem with visibility. I just adjust my mirrors further out than many people do and turn my head to see.

The visibility is a bit better than my Challengers with their thick C-pillar. And you sit higher up in the Renegade too (higher than the Challenger).

·
Registered
12 Posts
Same Here

I took delivery of my Glacier(silver) Trailhawk yesterday. Love it. Feels very solid but 1000 lb. lighter than my FJ Cruiser. Got 28.5 MPG in first tank. No Mysky vehicles in this area yet. Local dealers are getting deliveries but not the vehicles they pre-ordered. Helps here to be a few miles from the port-of-entry.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
and hood decal. I could do without the hood decal and will likely remove it.
Hi bwbike,
Congrats, that is great, enjoy.

Don't be so fast to remove the hood decal, leave it on a while and try it. It is more than cosmetic, with the hood sitting slightly higher the decal if functional to reduce sun glare into your eyes.

Reactions: Nate

·
Registered
370 Posts
Don't be so fast to remove the hood decal, leave it on a while and try it. It is more than cosmetic, with the hood sitting slightly higher the decal if functional to reduce sun glare into your eyes.
Now that's a good idea! Will have to keep that in mind when I get one some time down the road. Am going to wait for a glass roof, for Jeep incentives and will also give them time to get the bugs worked out.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I never thought about the sun glare and just a short while ago read about it in the brochure. I just never liked stripes of any kind on a car. It's tougher to wax the car and not have white stuff on the edges of the stripes, and sometimes they look awful when the car is 8 to 10 years old. By then it is usually too late to remove the stripe if the paint underneath no longer matches.

I used the Chrysler Affiliate pricing I get through my work which gets me about 1% under sticker. But the real cost of the car will be determined when they take my 2009 Challenger on Monday and tell me what it is worth to them. I'm sure we will have to barter back and forth a little. >:D

·
Registered
602 Posts
I never thought about the sun glare and just a short while ago read about it in the brochure. I just never liked stripes of any kind on a car. It's tougher to wax the car and not have white stuff on the edges of the stripes, and sometimes they look awful when the car is 8 to 10 years old. By then it is usually too late to remove the stripe if the paint underneath no longer matches.

I used the Chrysler Affiliate pricing I get through my work which gets me about 1% under sticker. But the real cost of the car will be determined when they take my 2009 Challenger on Monday and tell me what it is worth to them. I'm sure we will have to barter back and forth a little. >:D
A trick to waxing a car with a stripe is get some masking tape and lay it about 1/8 of an inch past the edge of the stripe. That way after waxing, peel the tape off, wipe of the build up line where the tape was a wha- la.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.