Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!
A new Sierra Blue Trailhawk sits just outside my window right now. Not a lot of extras on it, power seat, remote start, keyless entry the main items...and that almost inescapable cold weather package FCA seems to believe is very necessary in Southern California.

This was not an ordered car, but it wasn't in the dealer's inventory when it came off the truck, either. My wife test drove this one as soon as they had the Rene unwrapped enough to get on the road. She found the power seat much better fitting than the seat without (which was tried elsewhere). It also shifted much more smoothly. I hope that is a sign that the latest software package is in use on it.

I've been reading this forum (and the Cherokee forum) for a while, noting all the peeves and pleasures the Renegade offers. What it came down to, in the end...that Sierra Blue was not going to be offered on the '16s!
Oh, and having over 200k miles on my current ride, which is limited to light off road adventures. I intend to reach a little farther off pavement in pursuit of my hobby.

Of the many new sensations I get driving the TH, one that stood out was the question of heavy steering. Sometimes, it varies (wavers is a better term) between light and heavy, but every time I backed up and maneuvered, it felt light as a feather.
Odd, but welcome.

Final footnote: bought the Maximum Care Extended Warranty, just in case.

Time to crack open the owners manual and start playing with the knobs and buttons!

Thanks for persuading me in the right direction all!
Steve

·
Registered
7 Posts
What an amazing coincidence! I went through the same thought process, and ended up with the same Jeep on the same day; blue TH with cold weather group, remote start, and leather seats. It's 110 in Phoenix today, so the heated steering wheel is really not needed, but I did use the remote start to get the A/C going before I got in. I'm hoping to take it on some back roads tomorrow.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hi all!
A new Sierra Blue Trailhawk sits just outside my window right now. Not a lot of extras on it, power seat, remote start, keyless entry the main items...and that almost inescapable cold weather package FCA seems to believe is very necessary in Southern California.

This was not an ordered car, but it wasn't in the dealer's inventory when it came off the truck, either. My wife test drove this one as soon as they had the Rene unwrapped enough to get on the road. She found the power seat much better fitting than the seat without (which was tried elsewhere). It also shifted much more smoothly. I hope that is a sign that the latest software package is in use on it.

I've been reading this forum (and the Cherokee forum) for a while, noting all the peeves and pleasures the Renegade offers. What it came down to, in the end...that Sierra Blue was not going to be offered on the '16s!
Oh, and having over 200k miles on my current ride, which is limited to light off road adventures. I intend to reach a little farther off pavement in pursuit of my hobby.

Of the many new sensations I get driving the TH, one that stood out was the question of heavy steering. Sometimes, it varies (wavers is a better term) between light and heavy, but every time I backed up and maneuvered, it felt light as a feather.
Odd, but welcome.

Final footnote: bought the Maximum Care Extended Warranty, just in case.

Time to crack open the owners manual and start playing with the knobs and buttons!

Steve
Welcome fellow Sierra Blue TH owner. Enjoy all its funness.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Good for you issues come up in all cars but that's why there's a warranty and for 3 years full coverage 5 years engine and tranny you have no worries even 5 year free road side for towing and battery jumpstart while its annoying and disrupts schedules the most important thing is it gets fixed free of charge and u get back on the road enjoy!!!

·
Registered
471 Posts
Hi all!
Steve

Congratulations!! Sometimes you just need to stop thinking & just do instead!!

It's 110 in Phoenix today, so the heated steering wheel is really not needed, but I did use the remote start to get the A/C going before I got in. I'm hoping to take it on some back roads tomorrow.
We're in the Phoenix area also. Post if you ride in any fun, cool (not temp wise!) places that would be fun to go!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yesterday we drove the Rim Road north of Payson. The Rim Road itself is 51 miles of graded dirt. Beautiful, but not challenging. We detoured out onto Milk Ranch Point for a little more fun. The Jeep performed flawlessly and my wife, a novice four-wheeler, had no difficulty handling some pretty rocky grades.

Attachments

·
Registered
471 Posts
Yesterday we drove the Rim Road north of Payson. The Rim Road itself is 51 miles of graded dirt. Beautiful, but not challenging. We detoured out onto Milk Ranch Point for a little more fun. The Jeep performed flawlessly and my wife, a novice four-wheeler, had no difficulty handling some pretty rocky grades.
Nice!! I think next weekend we may do Schnebly Hill Rd down into Sedona. We also have the National Forest down at the end of our road & are going to head back in there just to see how far we can get....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.