Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The company never once returned any of my emails or phone calls. Got my spacer lift no instructions. Take it to get installed didnt have all the parts for install. Got steel not aluminum like advertised.

·
Super Moderator
2,780 Posts
That is not cool.
I my self and a few others I know have had 0 problems other than the direction sucked but the stuff was top notch.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is not cool.
I my self and a few others I know have had 0 problems other than the direction sucked but the stuff was top notch.
When I finally got a hold of someone yesterday they said they would send me out the missing parts. But yesterday was my install so sending me my missing parts means they think I wouldn't mind waiting for my parts then paying for a second install because they failed to get me a full kit I paid for.

·
Registered
365 Posts
When I finally got a hold of someone yesterday they said they would send me out the missing parts. But yesterday was my install so sending me my missing parts means they think I wouldn't mind waiting for my parts then paying for a second install because they failed to get me a full kit I paid for.
I don't understand your point. They are sending you the missing parts. Mistakes happen, even YOU have made a few in your lifetime. You comment that "they think I wouldn't mind waiting for my parts", what were you expecting ? Please tell me you weren't expecting the parts AND a full/partial refund or some other compensation due to an error ? It is a lift kit, not a replacement valve for your artificial heart. As far as a "second install", since they couldn't do the install due to lack of parts, when you get said parts, isn't that in fact the "first install" ? Second trip, yes, but still first install. If your install shop started breaking down your vehicle before they conducted an inventory of all parts, that's on them, I'd find a more competent shop.

Now don't misunderstand me. I don't like it when I get partial orders, especially when building a rifle and vital parts are missing. But I make the call and wait. I survived many years without that rifle, a few days more ain't gonna hurt. You survived without that lift kit, another few days ain't gonna hurt. Your Rene will run just fine on the factory kit until then.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't understand your point. They are sending you the missing parts. Mistakes happen, even YOU have made a few in your lifetime. You comment that "they think I wouldn't mind waiting for my parts", what were you expecting ? Please tell me you weren't expecting the parts AND a full/partial refund or some other compensation due to an error ? It is a lift kit, not a replacement valve for your artificial heart. As far as a "second install", since they couldn't do the install due to lack of parts, when you get said parts, isn't that in fact the "first install" ? Second trip, yes, but still first install. If your install shop started breaking down your vehicle before they conducted an inventory of all parts, that's on them, I'd find a more competent shop.

Now don't misunderstand me. I don't like it when I get partial orders, especially when building a rifle and vital parts are missing. But I make the call and wait. I survived many years without that rifle, a few days more ain't gonna hurt. You survived without that lift kit, another few days ain't gonna hurt. Your Rene will run just fine on the factory kit until then.
The lift wasn't the only thing I was installing at said time, if I order said product I strongly believe you should get said product.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I ordered my econo Avid 1.5" lift last December, and had it installed in February. The sway bar links included with the kit were apparently an old design, and were junk. In less than a month, they developed a ton of slop and started making all kinds of clunking and groaning noises while driving. The noises were terrible. I reached out to Avid, and they requested a pic of the links. Once they saw what links they were, Avid did the right thing, and sent me the updated parts free of charge. My tire shop swapped out the parts 2 weeks ago, and so far, so good. As long as I have no issues going forward, I would buy Avid again.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I get ya! I have little tolerance for companies that just breeze over the little details and assume you will be happy with them quickly sending you the parts they didn't include. Big Biz Tip: double check...if that don't work then Triple Check. The inability to make sure all parts are in a kit is inexcusable. I expect attention to detail if I'm shelling out my hard earned cash. Anything less and I will do business with their competition next time.

·
Super Moderator
3,337 Posts
Any more info on the steel vs aluminum?
My first inclination is that it is customer error in believing aluminum was available. ALuminium options for the bumpers and such were listed when first announced, and who knows there might actually be one someplace, but the option for aluminum hasn't been there for a LOOOONG time. So unless they got someone to commit over the phone or it isn't the bumpers the OP is referring to, I think they may just be mistaken that something was supposed to be aluminum.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Had no issues with Avid! Called them for instructions and they were immediately emailed to me. Installed, got alignment,
no problems. Best 1.5" lift available!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have had 0 problems with avid customer service as well. Ive spoken with Anthony many times, I usually call early in the morning around 7-8 am pacific. He was always helpful and gave me accurate shipping time frames. Keep in mind their office hours on their website, they are a small crew, like really small and are one of the few that develop parts for the Renegade specifically. I have the 2.5" lift and front and rear bumpers sitting at my place right now, and the craftsmanship is top notch.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts