Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased my Jeep on 12/12/15 on 04/12/16 I was hit in the front driver fender. :crying: The impact broke the u joint and pulled the axle out of the transmission. These are injuries that we can see just by looking - who knows what else is wrong mechanically. It's not pretty. Six airbags deployed. I ended up with a fractured right thumb, seat belt burn, a round bruise and cuts to my left forearm from the Jeep emblem from the steering wheel airbag and various other bruises and scrapes. I must say I am impressed by the safety features of my Jeep - I could have been injured a lot worse.

The Jeep is on her way to the dealership to get an estimate for repair and we are waiting for a decision from insurance. She only has 4,600 miles and was still in perfect condition no door dings, paint chips, or scratches.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive tire Tire

Automotive wheel system Automotive tire Auto part

Land vehicle White Vehicle Car Tire

Auto part Vehicle brake
http://www.jeeprenegadeforum.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

·
Registered
83 Posts
I purchased my Jeep on 12/12/15 on 04/12/16 I was hit in the front driver fender. :crying: The impact broke the u joint and pulled the axle out of the transmission. These are injuries that we can see just by looking - who knows what else is wrong mechanically. It's not pretty. Six airbags deployed. I ended up with a fractured right thumb, seat belt burn, a round bruise and cuts to my left forearm from the Jeep emblem from the steering wheel airbag and various other bruises and scrapes. I must say I am impressed by the safety features of my Jeep - I could have been injured a lot worse.

The Jeep is on her way to the dealership to get an estimate for repair and we are waiting for a decision from insurance. She only has 4,600 miles and was still in perfect condition no door dings, paint chips, or scratches.

View attachment 39289

View attachment 39297

View attachment 39305

View attachment 39313
http://www.jeeprenegadeforum.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/
Oh man. That sucks! I'm glad you are ok. I don't want to make you sad, but I've seen insurance companies total cars for less. You only have to get to 60% value in damage and they total. Airbags and axles are NOT cheap.. :(

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
That sucks! I was just rear ended today and the dbag took off. Luckily only minor damage but I've got less than 2,000 miles on my Jeep. Really sucks :mad:
Did you get the dbag's registration number? Make him pay for it. I would be mad as well.

·
Super Moderator
3,630 Posts
Sounds like the renegade did it's job and you got away with only minor injuries. 6 airbags is some cash. basically the entire left control arm and suspension, plus bodywork, you are likely right on the bubble of totaling before the maybes start getting added in.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Kind of hoping it's totaled

Sounds like the renegade did it's job and you got away with only minor injuries. 6 airbags is some cash. basically the entire left control arm and suspension, plus bodywork, you are likely right on the bubble of totaling before the maybes start getting added in.

I dropped my key fob off at the dealership today (since it was in my purse and then purse went to the hospital with me) and spoke with the body shop guy. So far just with body work they are at $12,000.00. The mechanics still need to check out everything else. I am really hoping they total it out.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Total loss

We heard from the insurance today - total loss. The estimate before unknowns (transmission, frame damage, etc,) was over$18,800. The question is - do I get another Renegade?

·
Registered
263 Posts
Be glad they totalled her and glad your alright. I say screw it and get another Rene. dealers offering easy 3k off msrp and 0% for 60 months. Playing with Chryslers money is a no brainer. I am quite fond of my turbo 6spd

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.