Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
So a light popped up with a symbol looking like this A! With a half circle around it. What do that mean? 馃摙馃摙馃摙馃摙馃摙馃摙馃摙馃摙馃摙馃摙馃摙馃摙馃摙馃摙馃摙馃摙馃摙馃摙馃摙馃摙馃摙馃摙馃摙馃摙馃摙馃摙馃摙馃摙馃摙馃摙馃摙馃摙馃摙馃摙馃摙馃摙馃摙馃摙馃摙馃摙馃摙馃摙馃摙馃摙馃摙馃摙馃摙馃摙馃摙馃摙馃摙馃摙馃摙Help

Registered
2015 Latitude 4x4 - 1.4L M6
I would say it is the "Auto start-stop" feature is disabled permanently or is not functioning. Do you have any pictures of the light? My renegade doesn't have this feature, but I've seen what you are describing on other jeep models before.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
I would say it is the "Auto start-stop" feature is disabled permanently or is not functioning. Do you have any pictures of the light? My renegade doesn't have this feature, but I've seen what you are describing on other jeep models before.
I don't have a photo of it but I will take one to post up. Thanks for replying

Registered
2015 Latitude 4x4 - 1.4L M6
That is definitely the auto start stop feature being disabled. The sensor might be loose or not working properly. Hope this helps. Like i said, I dont have this feature in mine, but I've seen that in other Jeeps and vehicles before.

Super Moderator
welcomegroup

and enjoy the forum!

Dealer time.

Registered
Get them to check your battery as that is the first light to come on if there is a problem with it.

Registered
Sylo is 100% correct imo.

It happens to me all the time in cold weather and I ignore it. Not that I use auto start/stop as it's a pain in the ass.

It's a well documented error code for the Jeep within this forum. You need to start paying attention to your battery condition and recharging times. Short journeys like I do (2 minutes to the shops) causes a drop in battery power until such times as I make a longer journey and the battery gets a full and proper charge.

Registered
Not that I use auto start/stop as it's a pain in the ass.
Hey, quit using that kind of language. You're British. :)

What do you mean "use auto start/stop"? That feature is enabled by default, and you have to push the button each time you drive to disable it -- at least on a current Renegade.

I was really, really skeptical about that feature; and was worried that having to push the button each drive cycle to disable it would be, well, a pain in the ass. :)

But during the test drive I didn't even notice the engine was stopping when the vehicle was stopped. I had to look at the tachometer before seeing that. So it works really well.

Whether it's a good useful feature still remains to be seen...

Registered
Hey, quit using that kind of language. You're British. :)

What do you mean "use auto start/stop"? That feature is enabled by default, and you have to push the button each time you drive to disable it -- at least on a current Renegade.
If I use the British word, "Arse" then someone is likely to report me for inappropriate language. Alternatively the chat Bot will filter it out.

I press the start/stop switch to the left of my seat, behind the gear stick and it turns off. It will only be re-enabled if I pull it back up again to reactivate it. That's the 2015 model.

Registered
If I use the British word, "Arse" then someone is likely to report me for inappropriate language.
Interesting. I always though "arse" was a way to disguise the naughty word "ass." Kind of like non-blaspheming religious American Southerners saying "goll dang it."

And the start/stop switch is to the right of the seat. Oh, wait... ;)

Registered
Yep you got it, UK are right hand drive cars :p:p:p

Arse is a lovely word:

• What a beautiful arse she has on her as I look at her pert bottom from the rear.
  • OMG she has a face like the arse end of a double decker bus.
  • Stop being an arsehole ie being analy retentive and holding all the sh1t inside :p
  • Stop making an arse of your self ie a fool, knave, idiot.
It goes on and on but being an arse is also a wonderful term of endearment. Hence that voice you often hear, "Oi ya f%^&*( arshole WTF are you doing coming home at this time of night, Said the wife.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts