Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was heading to a beach I had heard of and wanted to check out, not knowing how bad the terrain to get to it was. I'd say it was a trail that had been maintained in some spots and badly neglected in others.

The drive included highway, followed by city driving which led to mountain passes, rocky hills, sand ruts, mud, shallow water (about as high as the brake calipers), sand dunes, wet sand, grass and pine needle. I even drove adjacent to a fire.

I was expecting to need to be towed out but surprisingly my Rene made it through it all without getting stuck or even having any trouble. It never even scraped. I think I got lucky. My old Jag would've gotten stuck at the first rocky hill.

Here are some pictures my girlfriend took when she wasn't grabbing the OH **** handle, which she grabbed most of the time.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Are you watering the plants...? :D

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Nice beach pictures.

I could have done without seeing you answering the call of nature. :|

·
Registered
89 Posts
I've been through some pretty gnarly (by FWD standards) trails with my FWD lattitude and have had no issues, and I haven't even swapped to my KO2s I ordered yet. Some mud probably 3/4 of the way up the tires and she never even slowed down. Granted I've done quite a bit of mudding so I know how to handle it, but still, even the FWD is very capable of some off-roading.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I've been through some pretty gnarly (by FWD standards) trails with my FWD lattitude and have had no issues, and I haven't even swapped to my KO2s I ordered yet. Some mud probably 3/4 of the way up the tires and she never even slowed down. Granted I've done quite a bit of mudding so I know how to handle it, but still, even the FWD is very capable of some off-roading.
Yeah, I was pleasantly surprised. I was starting to think that if the Rene could handle it, then certainly the stock continental tires wouldn't. Even those held up.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.